Gates green HD SC belt part no. Request.....please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dogbreath

Car
2005 E55K AMG
Hi chaps
Can a really clever member..... Usually Roger (AMGeed) or Jules (Cyclone1) supply me with the part number for the Gates Green HD SC belt for my E55 with 77mm pulley?

Many thanks in Advance
Lee

Hi Lee, Just had a look on MB forum and they say 5mm shorter than standard pulley! so standard Gates KO80530, with smaller 77mm pulley go KO80525, quite a few recommend using belt wrap kit! with small pulley but its debatable whether good idea or not? cheers Dave

Cheers Dave
That's great thanks
I've got a belt wrap kit but not fit it yet as there's plenty who use them and then others wHo have never fitted one and been fine also.
Mines a DTK and Demetre swears by them, but im still to be convinced as I've had no issues at all running without...
Be nice to see you on the piebald run mate..
Thanks again
Lee

Hi Dave
I’ve just searched the US forums and some are saying the 80525 belt is too big and a guy tried the 80496 which fit his fine with no issues after 2 year...
it seems the HD belts are not as stretchy as the normal belts.
Hmmm

i m sure Jules give me the part no for the normal Sc belt when I fit my pulley. 8pk1225 ? I want the same size belt as this but the Green HD version.

Hi Lee,

Just seen this, 8PK1255 on the 77mm and 8PK1275 on the 83mm.

I ran both pulley sizes and bought one of the belts from Gates and the other from Contitech. Both were fine with no issues.

I don’t have the exact part numbers but just cross referenced them on the internet.

The 1255 is the 494 equivalent, 1260 is 496 and 1275 is 502, as these are the alternative references used. (Imperial / metric)

Jules

Cheers Jules
That info was what I were after. Yes I have the 1255 Conti in at the moment.
I actually ordered a Gates 505HD yesterday which I now see is wrong, I will order a Conti 1255HD then I know it’s the same as what I have...
Thanks mate

Lee

Can only find this for the 1260/496 for Gates HD (heavy duty)

Search 80496 | Gates Corporation

I must have used Contitech for the 1255, but on checking on EBay then Dayco do a 1255HD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom