gateway ipod intergration and ipod problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Oli

MB Enthusiast
Car
Audi A5 3.0 TDI Quattro
A few months ago I got a Gateway system installed in my 2003 E Class with command, until last week no Problems at all, now though when I plug in my ipod it says connected to acessory and I can't scroll through playlists etc at all, is this a problem with the installation or the ipod itself?, it is the latest generation small touchscreen nano if that makes any difference.

I'm thinking this is more than likely something to do with the Apple software update rather than the car itself, anyone know how to wipe all software updates of an iPod?.

connect it to your computer with itunes and do a restore,well thats how you do an iphone,just click devices ipod and the screen should mention update and restore

Last edited:
Not sure you can downgrade the firmware on the Ipod. Check Denison site for firmware updates for the gateway. Also try a different older ipod.

Looking through the Gateway 500 user guide it says if I select CD6 and track 2 that I can then put it in control of the iPod but this doesn't seem to be working, I'm going to take it back to where I had it installed and let them have a look and see if they can get it working, on the plus side I've found out I can get a Bluetooth adapter that just plugs in to the Gateway 500:D.

Got it working, turns out the Gateway system wasn't turned off when I put my car in service mode to see what needed doing at the next one, all done now and working fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom