Gatso cameras

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mickl

MB Enthusiast
Car
CLK280 W209
was driving through Stafford today on the A449 and got flashed by a bloody Gatso, :devil: I was doing around 35ish at the time. I was approaching it so it took a pic of the front of the car. Can't remember if rules have changed or not but I seem to remember only photos of the rear of the car are enforced?

You wont get a ticket as you were approaching it.

I set one off about once a week on the way back from work.

Local Tamworth Staffordhire Plodd i was chatting with told me same, i've set one off on the A5 coming up to it. It wasnt a Truvelo was it?

thanks guys

SEM said:
Local Tamworth Staffordhire Plodd i was chatting with told me same, i've set one off on the A5 coming up to it. It wasnt a Truvelo was it?

it was definitely a Gatso as it flashed a white flash. Truvelo flashes are infra red therefore you wouldn't notice you'd been caught. That's the reason given originally of only using rear facing shots on Gatso's as flashing an approaching car could distract the driver. Also, the sat nav on my car is directional and it didn't beep any notice of an approaching relevant camera.

Hopefully it's still only rear facing shots that are enforced. Otherwise it'd be the first points in 18yrs of driving. :cool:

mickl said:
it was definitely a Gatso as it flashed a white flash. Truvelo flashes are infra red therefore you wouldn't notice you'd been caught.

I have been flashed by a Truvelo - you see the flash, and you know you have been caught.

:eek:

Speaking of forward-facing cameras... If they do decide to count these pictures, how do they intend to enforce it for motorbikes?

They cant, and according to a Chief Constable in Cambridgeshire after the installation of Truvos 'We do not belive Motorcyclists speed'

KillerHERTZ said:
They cant, and according to a Chief Constable in Cambridgeshire after the installation of Truvos 'We do not belive Motorcyclists speed'

:D sure... Now, when is the bacon coming thru my window? :rock:

Truvelos do flash enough for you to notice.

KillerHERTZ said:
You wont get a ticket as you were approaching it.

I set one off about once a week on the way back from work.

Me too. I think it must really p*ss off the 'operatives' to see photos of empty stretches of road, and a shiny Merc going the other way that they can do nothing about! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom