Gatso - has the wife been got ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jahewitt

Car
ML280 & BMW 335i conv'
The wife was flashed by a gatso this morning. It was on the other side of the road, facing towards her and flashed white light.

She was the only car around.

Was she got - can they flash white light into the drivers face - or has she triggered it but won't be got??

Any ideas or experiences?

Thanks

No one has been "FLASHED" today becasue I'm been home all day...:p

On a serious note I doubt that she has been "done" as it is rare for a Gatso to flash approaching speeding cars from the front and normally flashes twice. Your going to have to sit this one out for 14/16 days though and after this period they cannot impose the fine/penalty.

Do GATSOs flash in daylight hours too then?

jahewitt said:
The wife was flashed by a gatso this morning. It was on the other side of the road, facing towards her and flashed white light.

She was the only car around.

Was she got - can they flash white light into the drivers face - or has she triggered it but won't be got??

Any ideas or experiences?

Thanks

She should be fine.

Forward-facing cameras (e.g. Truvelo) use infra-red flash, to avoid dazzling the driver. White flash (Gatso) is only used to photograph the rear of a vehicle. I know it is possible to trigger one of these on the other side of the road because I've done it myself (on the main road leading into East Grinstead, similarly the road was deserted at the time apart from me).

Bobby Dazzler said:
Do GATSOs flash in daylight hours too then?

Yes.

Was it wet?

I've done it before and the only reason I can think of it happening (I was doing legal speed) was the spray coming out of the back of the car.

I didn't hear anything more about either occurance.

If you approach a GATSO fast enough it will flash a Warning flash at you.

Mate of mine showed me this doing above 45Mph in a 30Mph zone.

Before anyone moans, it was at 2.30am and totally clear

Moan..........

There could have been kids on their way home from school after detention .... ;)

Doing 60mph up the A3 past Asda towards Wandsworth always set the gatso off on the opposite lane if I'm in the outside lane in my van. And, er, no she will not get a ticket.:)

KillerHERTZ said:
If you approach a GATSO fast enough it will flash a Warning flash at you.

Mate of mine showed me this doing above 45Mph in a 30Mph zone.

Before anyone moans, it was at 2.30am and totally clear

My 60mph antics was during the day, with loads of cars on the road, and a million school kids parading in the road....managed to get a couple of dozen of them......no, .......really....that WAS a joke....I'm waiting for it.....I really shouln't post here after 64 pints in the local....ooppss.

Howard said:
Moan..........

There could have been kids on their way home from school after detention .... ;)

Howie-If they were good little girls and boys then they wouldn'd have had a detention and wouldn't have been there, and he wouln't have hit them at 2.30am...lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom