Gatwick Parking

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stats007

MB Enthusiast
Car
575M
I'm off on holiday this weekend and am contemplating leaving the car at Gatwick. Any recommendations or should I just leave it at home and get a taxi?

Croydon town centre doesnt move much over a weekend;) Seriously a taxi or a lift is often easy and cheaper!

I've used the long term parking in the airport half a dozen times without any problems, it's cheaper if you pre-book (your number plate then gets read & recognised as you go in) plus you know you've definitely got a place ...

http://www.parkingexpress.co.uk/

BTB 500 said:
I've used the long term parking in the airport half a dozen times without any problems, it's cheaper if you pre-book (your number plate then gets read & recognised as you go in) plus you know you've definitely got a place ...

http://www.parkingexpress.co.uk/

I've had a look at this - £60 for open air or £123 for multistorey. Do you think using a car cover would attract attention?

Holiday Inn do a Park & Fly - 1 night double + open air parking for £115.

Last edited:
I've always used the open air one as I feel that someone up to mischief would be very exposed there! Not sure about the car cover, I suppose if it has a cable and lock on it then that's another level of deterrent ... even if it does draw attention in the first place.

Personally I'd never leave my car at the airport, either get a taxi (up here they do reasonable fixed prices for airport runs I assume they do down there too) or do what I do and get a lift of a friend/relative and do the same for them when they go away (obviously not in the MR2 :rolleyes: )

A taxi there and back will be about £60 - no-one is offering lifts as it is 5am sunday morning!

Your taxi ride sounds cheap enough, but I personally dislike getting taxi's to the airport - normally blag a lift to and taxi home. Certainly never prebook taxi home from airport from same company as going.

I have left my car at Gatwick for weeks and it was fine. I use the (probably most expensive) indoor car park where you keep your keeps and walk straight into the main terminal.

For me the convenience of being able to just jump in the car and drive home is the winner. Lots of hassle with lifts etc. if you get delayed.

GrahamC230K said:
I use the (probably most expensive) indoor car park where you keep your keeps and walk straight into the main terminal.

Sounds good. The shuttle buses from the outdoor car park are excellent ... I've never parked more than about 30 yds from a (covered) stop, and they run every few minutes.

Although I don't use Gatwick, I use the longstay at Brum regularly. There's an open air and a multi-storey. I always go indoors. As Graham says, you can just walk into the terminal, and as you say, when you get back, it's just jump in and go. In Brum, the multi storey is CCTV'd, but large parts of the open air one are not. Touch wood, I've never had any problems.

Also, indoors means no car cover issues.

The parking can be expensive, but I value my time enough that I'll pay £13 per 24 hours for the convenience.

And I'll bet that's less than you lot 'dahn sahf' have to pay ;)

PJ

Settled for a night in the Holiday Inn and valet parking in their private CCTV'd and gated car park for £115. Hopefully it will be fine when I get back!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom