Gatwick valet parking

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

prm

Car
Ml350 bluetec 13
Just booked my baby into gatwick parking in October, and realised they take it off me and park it in a field somewhere. I thought i would just park as usual until i read what actually happens. Now i'm worried they're gonna rag it round some muddy field, ( my fault for not looking at the small print ) .:eek::doh:

They've been on telly. They even leave them on public roads.

:dk: Easily sorted, unbook it and get the train or get dropped off by a friend/relative Job done car saved :thumb:

Oh dear oh dear oh dear!!

It's 4am, my friends aint that friendly:rolleyes:

Dude get a taxi, it's gotta be woth it rather than come back to a wrecked car.

As regards cancelling it.
How about just not handing it over, or not turning up? They can't charge you for what they haven't done surely. :dk:

I was tempted to use this website but didnt in the end,
www.parkatmyhouse.co.uk

This is the same as me. It sounded good, but I just got hassled by some one demanding that I pay for a space I was not using. This is because the company give your details to people with parking spaces to let. :mad:

I've used Gatwick valet parking a number of times (the BAA one, not purple parking etc) and never had a problem. The car is fully photographed when you leave it so there is no argument about any damage that may occur. My car has always been returned to me in the same state I left it, and any mileage movement is minimal. From my experience, I wouldn't worry about it.

edit: Just checked the Gatwick Parking website and all their carparks have 24 hour security cameras, and for the valet parking there is an online facility to cancel at no charge (full refund) up to 24 hours before departure - not sure I see your problem?

Last edited:
I've used Gatwick valet parking a number of times (the BAA one, not purple parking etc) and never had a problem. The car is fully photographed when you leave it so there is no argument about any damage that may occur. My car has always been returned to me in the same state I left it, and any mileage movement is minimal. From my experience, I wouldn't worry about it.

edit: Just checked the Gatwick Parking website and all their carparks have 24 hour security cameras, and for the valet parking there is an online facility to cancel at no charge (full refund) up to 24 hours before departure - not sure I see your problem?

Thanks PXW, but you can't cancel any supersaver deals, which mine is apparently.

I think you may have less concern for your car than most people do on the forum.

I dont want *anyone* driving my car.

Oi :mad: I am definitely NOT a lower quartile car carer, thanks very much!

Thanks PXW, but you can't cancel any supersaver deals, which mine is apparently.

Oh, OK - but I really wouldn't worry - as I say, I've used the service a number of times and it is fine, despite the scaremongering.

I have to say, I've used this service too. Had a spanking new flying machine and it was exactly the kind of car that the young hoodlums would have torn the town up in and actually got it back safe and sound. It was a bit dusty and a bit grubby on the outside but nothing a bit of rain and a decent wash couldn't fix. The mileage was fine and car drove well and no stink of pee or the wacky backy in it as one might have expected. So try not to worry yourself - I'm sure it'll be OK. This is of course not a written guarantee and your home and car may be at risk if you.....

I use valet parking regularly at Heathrow, and have never had a problem.

As for ragging your car, the heathrow one always has a line of Astons and Porsches being returned, so I don't think ragging a merc is in the same league. All the drivers seem very professional, elderly folk, and more trustworthy in my opinion than the spotty teenager taking your car for a test drive from main dealer.

Used valet parking at Gatwick, never again. Needed new handbrake pads, they did not know how to release the handbrake so drove to whereever with it on. I wondered why the handbrake was not on when I returned but didn't question it, next stop was Bristol so too far to return, they would have denied it anyway I think. We were south terminal I think

I've used both Heathrow and Gatwick valet parking with no problems at all.

Used valet parking at Gatwick, never again. Needed new handbrake pads, they did not know how to release the handbrake so drove to whereever with it on. I wondered why the handbrake was not on when I returned but didn't question it, next stop was Bristol so too far to return, they would have denied it anyway I think. We were south terminal I think

Must use semi trained chimps at Gatwick then. Doesn't the car bong if you drive with the handbrake on?

i've used gatwick and heathrow also with no issues, always a very good service

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom