gauging a goodwood trackday interest

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ricky s

MB Enthusiast
Car
cars
Hi, having organised this type of event within this forum a couple of times previously, and promised my wife I would never do it again, here I am throwing this out there again:eek: (been a while)
There is a hard core group of 12 guys I stay in contact within this forum who are brilliantly a yes or no, subject to date, to go out on a social events/track days, but in this exact case a Goodwood track day. No dates to throw at you all at this time, but thinking September/October, need to speak with GW, which I will do next week, if interest is great, but in principal anyone of you new 63 guys likely to sign up for such a day, be thinking £330 ish for a 25 car day, 5 car sessions, 105DB noise level, if it works out, would be solely our own day.
Whilst I would not normally say this, I would ask that committed people genuinely wanting to participate forward their interest here, subject to the date, reply here. There were a few people previously that had their cheques in the post scenario:wallbash:, and I have a long memory, sadly.

Failing this, should the interest be low, there are the few of us that are planning to jump into a couple of 'Goodwood ' run days shortly, booking independently, and meeting up there, flag up should you wish to be notified of such events, which may be of short notice, but bear in mind the noise level of that type of day(98DB or 105DB) for you noisy buggers. :thumb:
Please do not PM me, for those who have my mail, will be pleased to hear from you.

Last edited:
Ricky

Yes for sept or Oct

Yes for 98 ( I do have a quiet button) or preferred 105db sooner dates permitting.

Would be good to get in later in April or May, it's been to long mate.

J

Ricky

Yes for sept or Oct

Yes for 98 ( I do have a quiet button) or preferred 105db sooner dates permitting.

Would be good to get in later in April or May, it's been to long mate.

J

J. thx for you mail mate, still not feeling 100%, and am busy at work, so will catch up with u shortly. I already included yourself in the 12 guys, who will say yes or no. subject to dates, good job you guys are there, other wise we will not get these days off the ground.

At least F1bhp is interested, many thx.

Given the sorry response from the 63 guys here, which is really disappointing, 6.3 litre and want to play on the road, unbelievable!:( I think it looks like we will jump into a GW run day, I know the guys, to whom you already mostly know are all up for it, so will speak with GW Tuesday, and see what our options are, and will advise you all accordingly.

We will get onto something soon:D.

rgds R

ricky s said:
J. thx for you mail mate, still not feeling 100%, and am busy at work, so will catch up with u shortly. I already included yourself in the 12 guys, who will say yes or no. subject to dates, good job you guys are there, other wise we will not get these days off the ground. At least F1bhp is interested, many thx. Given the sorry response from the 63 guys here, which is really disappointing, 6.3 litre and want to play on the road, unbelievable!:( I think it looks like we will jump into a GW run day, I know the guys, to whom you already mostly know are all up for it, so will speak with GW Tuesday, and see what our options are, and will advise you all accordingly. We will get onto something soon:D. rgds R

Ricky,

If we get close I will pile in with two or three cars on top of mine. If I can't make it the other few will and I will raffle mine for charity which will fill at least 3-4 slots. Henry said yes his just waiting to find his new beast.

I maybe able to get a couple more too.

Looking forward to something soon.

Take it easy mate.

Justin

Ricky,

If we get close I will pile in with two or three cars on top of mine. If I can't make it the other few will and I will raffle mine for charity which will fill at least 3-4 slots. Henry said yes his just waiting to find his new beast.

I maybe able to get a couple more too.

Looking forward to something soon.

Take it easy mate.

Justin

Much appreciated J. Not seen H for ages, albeit, he did mention a new toy to me in a mail, many thanks for your input here, thinking at this time, we do not have enough interest within this forum for our own day, so subject to date, we may have to jump into a GW run day, as previously said. Will see what comes from my enquiry on Tuesday. C U soon mate, as well as the other guys, been a long time, :eek:.

Hi mate I'm not sure if my car is allowed in ,if yes I'll be up for it!
My car is 102db.

C36fan said:
Hi mate I'm not sure if my car is allowed in ,if yes I'll be up for it! My car is 102db.

B, Two days 98db (No) 105db (all good). Will keep you updated.

P.S. You didn't share it ;-)

Hi mate I'm not sure if my car is allowed in ,if yes I'll be up for it!
My car is 102db.

Good to hear from you B, great to have your interest here, going to working on this shortly, just been a little busy at work.
Just to say, R U sure your car is only, 102DB, I thought someone told me whilst it is mega fast, it was noisy, or have I cross wires with another car?

rgds

R

Good to hear from you B, great to have your interest here, going to working on this shortly, just been a little busy at work.
Just to say, R U sure your car is only, 102DB, I thought someone told me whilst it is mega fast, it was noisy, or have I cross wires with another car?

rgds

R

Hi mate ,I measured the noise and it measured 102db yes it's fast my little beast! Lol.
Looking forward to catch up with you .
If anything I'll bring my 55 instead.

Will it be open to spectators to bring their nice quiet diesel CLS? [emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Ricky,

Jump on a GW day - you don't need the stress and lack of thanks. Just agree the date and let people cough up their own money to Goodwood.

Seriously mate...

S

Thanks for the thoughts guys, if there had been a lot of interest, perhaps I would have put myself into organising another event, but as there's not, the only sensible route is the GW run days, it's very easy with the group/guys we usually run with, it's a yes or no, so we know where we all stand and the numbers virtually immediately, just would have been good to hopefully have a few other guys from this forum to join us, however a GW day it will be, and whilst I keep promising to sort it, am real busy with work, however I do now have Friday morning off work, I will definitely call them for dates, and will approach Harwoods team, to see if there are opportunities there, and advise all.:thumb:

Rgds R

Hi, sent this out to the usual group this morning, could you forum guys that I am unable to mail here, let me know your thoughts on the dates and your interest. Just be mindful of the DB noise level stated, should your car have a modified exhaust system.

Hi Guys
Just to update with the info I have as of this morning for those of you interested in another day out at GW, I know it won’t fit with everyone, work, holidays, cars not ready etc, but hopefully we can get at least a small group of us together hopefully, and get on at least a couple.

Firstly, working on a Saturday only basis, which I am guessing is the day most of you would want to go.

The Goodwood track days, currently only 4 days, 2nd/4-------18th/6------13th/8 all 105DB, and 26th/11 which is 98DB. They tell me these dates are not released for booking, but will be next week, she is going to mail me when they are, so as long as we get in quite quick, I’d assume that all these dates would be available to us.

Next is the Harwoods GW track days, they are good events, sometimes with other cars to road test as a distraction, but it can get a little busy on track, but I seem to recall it is slightly cheaper, than the normal GW cost., They also have 4 dates, 2nd/4 is fully booked up, next is 2nd/7 105DB------27th/8 105DB and 8th/10 105DB. The Goodwood diary, also lists the 9th/4 as a Harwoods day, but Harwoods have not mentioned that date to me this morning, so not sure with that one. The lady I spoke with has asked to which date we would prefere to check availability, so anyone wanting to do one or more of the Harwoods day/s, let me know your preferred date and I will get her to advise on remaining spaces for such date, I may do one of these days myself.

There are dates, 5th/3 98DB and 17th/9 98DB, both run by Open track and the other 19th/11 98DB run by Gold track, thinking these days may not interest the best few of us, but there there if they do appeal.

Along with you guys, there are 3 people on the forum showing interest, and H also has a friend wanting to bring his vintage Ferrari.
So there it is, give it some thought and let me know when your able to your interest, and if so any dates, so we can get a feel for the best date for the majority wishing to go.

Have a good weekend all.

Kind regards

Ricky

Thx F1BPH

Could Bruno and yourself, if your happy too, PM me your Email address, will make things much easier to keep all in the loop.

From what I just see from the replies, seems the majority favour the June date, albeit I think a few will also go earlier.

Also I have a call this afternoon, that Goodwood have now opened up their bookings for the dates mentioned, so we need to get booked up shortly.:thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom