Gave the car a little spring clean and wax

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BigChap

Car
White C63 PP+
Decided to give the car a little spring clean and wax but time flew by and started to get caught out with fading light so had to skip a few steps and get a wax coat on to protect the graft.

Standard snow foam and shampoo

Autosmart red 7 iron and fallout remover followed by tar remover and clay bar then skipped the polish and sealer with a quick wax, I'll come back to it in a month or two and finish it proper.

A previous owner kerb mark had cause the polished lip to go a bit cloudy so was in for a refurb, I was assured they could match the existing finish but thankfully I didn't risk it and got both wheels from the one side re-done. The finish itself is top quality but it's a little too matte, perhaps it'll weather a bit in time.

And the wax coat to the rims enhanced the satin finish exaggerating the difference

Didn't really get a finished picture

My car needs the same, but I'll be paying some lovely person to do it for me, can't stand detailing cars.

Yeah I hate it too but 4-5months of rubbish weather and dark evenings get me a little bit buzzing when the nicer weather and longer days start coming in, plus working away 2 weeks at a time you'd love to spend the day in the garden back home, possibly with a bottle of Miller close to hand!

What do you guys think of the black/carbon? I'm thinking about getting silver wheels which I'd maybe then need to remove the carbon vents covers and possibly the black roof which doesn't bother me, was on the car from a previous owner. At least with removing the vents, if I regret it I can just stick them back on but the roof would need wrapped again.

Nice job!
Definitely remove the carbon vents. Sell them for beer money!
Leave the roof black.

Just my 2 cents.

Looks awesome after your clean, like the wheels too.

Bad boy Nova's,ahhh those were the days!!!Got the bad boy insignia vxr now (not for long though as selling it next month for my new A45,YIPEE/)

Amg's looking spot on!

But that nova looks amazing!!!! Get it sorted!! :)

My cousin had a Nova and he put a stripe down the side and a "champagne super nova" sticker when oasis came out :D

thanks for the comments, here are a couple more from the weekend, just a meguiars snow foam and chemical guys extreme body wash

Nice Job, I was having massive misgivings that I'd ordered the wrong colour, Polar White, instead of Diamond Silver after seeing both colours on the road last weekend.:doh::doh:
After seeing your C63 in white I'm sure I've made the right choice.:D:D
What wax do use on it ?? I've bought some DoDo juice Diamond White for a start, but I've got another 6 weeks to go before the car turns up.:(

Stunning!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom