Gavin>>>>

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Might be worth a look if its under £10k.
No Comand or 7 seats is going to add to the cost.

Might be worth a look if its under £10k.
No Comand or 7 seats is going to add to the cost.

very odd its not been specd with comand eh?

^ For a 2005 model, yes I agree.

weird aftermarket sensor display on dash too

What is your situation now Gav?

I presume you are still looking for a successor to your E55 and if so, what is on the cards?

What is your situation now Gav?

I presume you are still looking for a successor to your E55 and if so, what is on the cards?

I think e55 7seater, ml420cdi or ml500. He’s not keen on 63 engine IIRC Or GL due to garage space

It’s been up for sale (off and on) before and it’s puzzling why it hasn’t sold at the price the seller is looking for when you compare it to some of the more speculative prices being asked elsewhere, there’s definitely a few quid spare to get it tip-top; it’s quite low mileage for the year plus the COMAND is so out of date now that it wouldn’t phase me that it didn’t have it and in fact, iirc, I think it will make it easier to retrofit a more modern headunit.

Plus I personally don’t buy these cars on spec - I bought mine for that engine.

To be fair COMAND isn’t really just about the satnav - well it is useful on occasion (navigated me directly to the door of a hotel in Paris when my other navigation option didn’t work - it had the whole of Europe mapping on one disc!) but it looks much better in the dash, the sound quality is better and combined with the Harmon Kardon option is a fantastic factory fit sound system especially for its age.

Sorry but aftermarket sound systems just don’t look right in Mercedes cars.

I don’t think that car is badly priced, but to be honest I don’t think it has a lot going for it either? If it was very low mileage or immaculate condition then you might forgive the spec?

Options wise some items are ‘nice to have’ but who wants a 211 estate without parktronic or factory hands free, and most people would probably expect
COMAND to be there on a range topping car like the E55 :thumb:

IMHO of course :)

You can’t even tell that some of the aftermarket head units are actually aftermarket. They look oem but have a crazy amount of functionality including integration with steering wheel controls, Bluetooth headset, android/apple car play, sat nav, DAB radio, digital TV, reverse camera, dash cam control, any app you want including apps like torque... I will be getting one for the wife’s RR.

DVD GPS NAVI BT DAB+ TPMS CARPLAY ANDROID 8.0 MERCEDES BENZ E CLASS W211 W090 | eBay

Options wise some items are ‘nice to have’ but who wants a 211 estate without parktronic or factory hands free, and most people would probably expect
COMAND to be there on a range topping car like the E55 :thumb:

+1 to this.

Parktronic and COMAND should be a given on an AMG, I’ve never seen one spec’d without it.

I saw this one a week or so back & thought it seemed decent enough at a decent price. Priced right at 8k for me. Mine is 91k miles with command but 5 seats and I paid 10.5k.

No command wouldn't worry me either. Most infotainment in cars earlier than 2010 are mainly pants so not a great selling point. Only car I've had new enough and actually used the car system was a 2011 XJ. I always use Waze on my mobile.

Surely a buyer out there at 8k.

One thing I'm starting to notice is cars certainly don't seem to be selling for as much, as easy or as quick as years past.

You can’t even tell that some of the aftermarket head units are actually aftermarket. They look oem but have a crazy amount of functionality including integration with steering wheel controls, Bluetooth headset, android/apple car play, sat nav, DAB radio, digital TV, reverse camera, dash cam control, any app you want including apps like torque... I will be getting one for the wife’s RR.

DVD GPS NAVI BT DAB+ TPMS CARPLAY ANDROID 8.0 MERCEDES BENZ E CLASS W211 W090 | eBay
Not good taking things off topic...but as its my thread:cool:
M...we haven't heard much about your Bentley?
I have always lusted after one but never been brave enough..little write up..even to say all good nothing gone wrong..but mainly about the driving/living with it experience please....Ta!

AA5F0373-D194-4B95-89B0-88B4D3C0664A

Not good taking things off topic...but as its my thread:cool:
M...we haven't heard much about your Bentley?
I have always lusted after one but never been brave enough..little write up..even to say all good nothing gone wrong..but mainly about the driving/living with it experience please....Ta!

So far so good *touches wood frantically*!!! The issues I have had in the last 7ish months are:

Damaged cable to engine mount and loose boost pipe - both fixed under warranty by supplying dealer

Part of Rear spoiler mechanism snapped off - fixed by myself with a couple of cable ties (new mechanism is circa £2k) and you can’t see this, it’s under the boot carpet!

Roof liner sagging - repaired by a local upholsterer for £250.

I’ve covered around 6k miles in it now, I literally love it! I’m averaging around 12mpg but did see over 17mpg the other day!

Advice if you are looking to buy one: In my experience low mileage isn’t necessarily a good thing, I looked at a lot of these and the low milers all had issues. Slightly higher mileage, good history and buying from a reputable dealer worked for me!

Each to their own but I’d much rather factory COMAND, Parktronic and telephone pre-wire than aftermarket copy stuff - those Chinese clone units look okay (because they look like a COMAND unit :D) but I’m not so sure how much I’d trust them. Same goes for the parking sensors - why would you buy a £70k car and not spec those, then fit a cheap aftermarket set that don’t integrate as nicely then stop working?

At least with the MB original parts spares/service/support are widely available, but I suspect most are still working fine a decade or two later :cool:

Well I have an Android unit...works very well. Replaced because the OEM system stopped working!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom