GCSE Results

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

R2D2

MB Enthusiast
Car
C350
Just back from my daughter's school and am really chuffed. She worked extremely hard for her exams, far harder than I ever did, and today she got her reward.
13 GCSEs 6 at A* and 5 As. :bannana: :bannana: :bannana:

Last edited:
Wow - that is an amazing result - well done her - and to you of course! You must be well pleased. :rock: :bannana: :bannana:

excellent. i wish i studied more for my GCSE's.... fortunatly i managed to get into my college on what i did get and onto uni. i only started studying for exams properly at uni really....

Good work! Taking her out for a meal or something to celebrate?
R2D2 said:
13 GCSEs 6 at A* and 5 As. :bannana: :bannana: :bannana:
I only count 11 there! Maybe it's because I only got a B in my GCSE maths.

Shude said:
Good work! Taking her out for a meal or something to celebrate?

I only count 11 there! Maybe it's because I only got a B in my GCSE maths.

I should have put "including" 6..........

The 12th and 13th were Bs:D

R2D2 said:
I should have put "including" 6..........

The 12th and 13th were Bs:D
Yes, I guessed that the others simply weren't A/A* ;)

Does this make any difference to college plans or is this exactly as predicted?

Respect,
No matter what we believe, your daughter has clearly worked extremely hard for those excellent grades and you MUST be so proud. Please pass on our congratulations. What a swat!!

Regards,
John

nice one, clever girl!!

She did well in her mocks and was predicted that she could get 3 A*s but she upped the ante and got 6 A* which I find almost incomprehensible.She has a place in her sixth form and is doing 4 A levels.

Last edited:
Congratulations to both of you, especially her for the hard work... :bannana:

I'm glad to see that she's doing 4 A levels. Megs chose to do 5 and was not discouraged by the school but it did prove too much and her AS grades were not what they should have been because of it:( .

I would strongly suggest that any young person does no more than 4 for the first year (plus general studies) and drops to three for year 2. They don't need any more than that anyway and it's better to do well at 3/4 than get mediocre results with 4/5 where it's also harder to pull the grades up.

Good luck for her 6th form:rock:

SportsCoupeRich said:
excellent news. what school is she at!

Rochester Grammar School which we really rate highly.

pammy said:
I'm glad to see that she's doing 4 A levels. Megs chose to do 5 and was not discouraged by the school but it did prove too much and her AS grades were not what they should have been because of it:( .

I would strongly suggest that any young person does no more than 4 for the first year (plus general studies) and drops to three for year 2. They don't need any more than that anyway and it's better to do well at 3/4 than get mediocre results with 4/5 where it's also harder to pull the grades up.

Good luck for her 6th form:rock:
That's good advice. I started off with 4 A-levels but dumped physics at the end of year one because it was seriously dull (lecturer also quit!). The Psychology lecturer put us all in for the GCSE exam at the end of year one too so I ended up finishing 6th form with 4 A-levels (one of which was general studies), an E-level (bit like an ancient AS level) and an additional GCSE, from just two years :) .

Thankyou to everybody for their best wishes! I have passed on your congratulations to a very pleased young lady!

Nice one!!

OK - What is it costing you? :D My sweet-natured, would-not-say-boo-to-a-goose daughter suddenly turned avaricious when she got her results! Deserved it though!

Gollom said:
Nice one!!

OK - What is it costing you? :D My sweet-natured, would-not-say-boo-to-a-goose daughter suddenly turned avaricious when she got her results! Deserved it though!

LOL. At the end of her exams I gave her a generous spending budget to get clothes for the sixth form and anything else she wanted. I wanted her to be rewarded for such hard work regardless of the outcome but obviously I was hoping my faith would be vindicated!

That's great Shaun - well done her!!

Thmsshaun said:
Really pleased with my sister.

8A's 4B's and 1C

Excellent well done to her. There are obviously a lot of brainy girls around!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom