Gear box trouble SLK 200

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DODGE666

Car
SLK 200
My car has just stopped changing gear? its a a X reg 200SLK. the ,man told me today its a fault with this model and he said it was the chip in the gear box? costing 500 pound. i was pleased to hear that as a new gear box would be telephone numbers to pay for. tonight he rang me back to say that he's changed the chip and the car still wont drive right? the gears are sticking between 3rd and fourth? its an Auto i forgot to add/

can anybody help or advise? did you have box probs with your SLK 200 ? this will cost the earth now i can see it... PLEASE HELP. also my roof did stick twice now!!! burt seems ok again.

This car has cost me pounds over the last year and has had loads of electrical dash faults that needed a computer to correct them. :dk:

The car is in limp (secure) mode to limit any damage... Check first the level of the ATF... If never drained change (every 50.000 miles) the ATF, filter and gasket... If not there add a magnet to the pan... The chip issue is not the first thing to attack...

Hi firstly thank you. can i run whats happening by you again. first i heard i hi picth noise with no gear box problems at all and then the next day the car got stuck in 1st gear? it does change gear but seems to get stuck. the man has changed the chip in the gear box and said that this would cure it? but when he took it out on a test drive it got stuck inbetween 3rd and 4th gear? im not sure if he will rip me off now. he told me its a box problem and he will need to take the box out? the car hasen't done heavy miles at all. the oil in the box was full. he told me he's change the oil when the chip was changed?

Level of ATF..? Drained and filter changed..? The high picht might be related to the engine mounts and/or the flex (front and rear) of the shaft... They might aslo cause the limp mode... Before taking the gearbox down check all this... Still to be connected to the computer check and the errors codes has to be checked before going on for additional and most probably costly operations...

Chip?

What exactly was changed? Was it the electrical plate? Have you had it diagnosed with a Star?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom