Gear box?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kendal2

Car
cls 320 cdi (2005)
Hi there guys,

I have a cls 320 cdi (2005) at 142k miles

Just recently done a service (oil change and filters)

For a few months when in D (drive) my car makes a vibrating noise. I thought it was the engine cover wasn't that.

Now earlier today, I wanted to park in a spot. My car car was stuck on D and N wouldnt go past N to get into to R.

To get it to Reverse I turned the car off and the leaver could now be moved to P. Started the car again then went to R which worked. Then to test I done P again then went to D and got stuck on N again.

This is still happening past 2 trips now.

Earlier the car wouldn't turn on at all. The key would turn to ignition and the steering wheel would unlock but wouldnt turnover. No sound from starter motor (Im guessing something wrong with the ignition switch?)

Do you guys think that my car should have the gearbox serviced?

Also the car has been smoking while stuck in traffic for a few minutes not sure if its relating to each other.

Booked an appointment with MB but the earliest was 14 Jan 16 .

Any Ideas guys?:mad::mad::mad:

Bump

Sounds like your selector lever will be at fault. This will also prevent starting, if car is not in park or neutral.
May be just worn linkage? Have you had a look at anything yet?

Neil

Thanks, just had it at mercedes they said I need a new slector switch at £1,400 ish but they said they done a software update which might fix the problem. They still have the car as they are looking at the injectors for smoking problems. :/

any result until now?

They still have the car haven't had it back been 8 days today. I'm fighting them to sort out the smoke problem. Will update as soon as its out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom