Gear change delay

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jhosk1981

Car
CLK320
Hey guys, my clk 320 seems to be taking longer than usual to go from Drive to Reverse.

It takes about 3/5 seconds then clunk's into gear.

Is this normal?

Sent from my SM-G800F using Tapatalk

I had very similar problem but lumpy gear change try transmission oil and filter change se how you go can't hurt it,good luck.

Is that something I can do myself? Or do I need to take to a garage?

Sent from my SM-G800F using Tapatalk

Yes, it's do-able yourself, but you'll need some axle stands or Ramps. Or a handy pit.

I tend to park 2 wheels on the kerb and adjust the angle with a jack until it's level.
You'll need to get it reasonably level to make sure the oil level is right when you refil. Doing it in the road means any spills don't ruin the look of your drive.

If there's a drain plug on the torque converter, make sure that's drsained as well.

I seem to remember about 9 litres in total, but you may not have a TC train, and I may be remembering it wrong.

Filter/Sump Gasket/oil kits are available very reasonably on ebay. Think I paid about £85, but it may have gone up by now, despite what the oil companies say abouty the barrel price...

Should take no more than a couple-a-three hours. Pleanty of "how-to" videos on youtube...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom