Gear display in cluster ...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Nathan09980

Car
Mercedes cls350 grand edition 2009, audi a6 lemans edition 3.0l quattro
Hey all sorry if this is the wrong place to post , but I'm wondering if there is anyway of seeing what gear I'm in on the instrument cluster , my Audi A6 was also an automatic but displayed the gear what it was in an what it was going to switch up to or down , it ain't nothing major but some reason I like to no what gear I'm in , If anyone nos a way then let me no thanks

It's a Mercedes cls 350cdi grand edition btw , I've seen videos online though and they seem to have a line next to the mileage displaying the gear , just starting to annoy me for some reason , but if can't be done then oh well

As mentioned previously no provision for gear display unless in manual mode.

I believe the lines next to the mileage indicate over 100k

Kenny

Can it not be reprogrammed by someone fluent with STAR?

If you are in automatic mode then you should see a "D" and the gearbox mode C or S (or whatever for your model).

If you are in "manual" mode then you should see the actual gear you are in if not in top.

On mine, when your in 'S' it will display the gear number if you use the manual tip option.

On my partner's 2014 SLK, the gear it is currently in is displayed regardless of if it's in E, S or M mode. Wish my E Class did the same

On my partner's 2014 SLK, the gear it is currently in is displayed regardless of if it's in E, S or M mode. Wish my E Class did the same

My wife's 2013 slk doesn't show the gear but my 2015 e coupe does. Obviously a recent upgrade

So, to those saying their car does not show what gear it is in...how do know you are not in a lower gear than top gear if, say, you had accidentally nudged your gear shift to select a lower gear?

If you are in automatic mode then you should see a "D" and the gearbox mode C or S (or whatever for your model).

If you are in "manual" mode then you should see the actual gear you are in if not in top.

This is how it always was for me. If I restricted the gear range by nudging the selector left, the highest permissible gear would show. If in 'M' mode the actual current gear in use would show

So, to those saying their car does not show what gear it is in...how do know you are not in a lower gear than top gear if, say, you had accidentally nudged your gear shift to select a lower gear?

In this circumstance the gear you are in is displayed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom