Gear Lever Gaiter...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Baron_Samedi

MB Enthusiast
Car
CLK200K
How does it attach to the gear knob thing?

Simples!

(Hopefully)

:)

pull the trim upwards and un clip it. Unsrew the knob to release it but turning the cap at the bottom.

Doh!

I knew that so-called SLK55 gear knob I saw on the bay had to be too good to be true :thumb:

Sorry for contradicting the expert (BlackC55), but my gaiter and knob come apart. Once the knob and gaiter are removed from the gear lever, remove the cap at the bottom, you will then see that there is another piece that can be levered off. the gaiter will then come loose.

This is certainly the case with mine, but I don't know what car you have. Mine is a manual w203, so yours may be different. In the past I have changed both the gaiter and the knob (at different times).

Sorry for contradicting the expert (BlackC55), but my gaiter and knob come apart. Once the knob and gaiter are removed from the gear lever, remove the cap at the bottom, you will then see that there is another piece that can be levered off. the gaiter will then come loose.

This is certainly the case with mine, but I don't know what car you have. Mine is a manual w203, so yours may be different. In the past I have changed both the gaiter and the knob (at different times).

CLK W208 manual gearboxes, gaiter and knob come as one item, and its not cheap. I know from experience as I changed mine when I bought my CLK. Black C55 is spot on with how to change it.

Sorry, didn't know it was a W208. I thought if it was a W209, it might be the same as the W203.

I stand corrected.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom