Gear lever light

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

babyblueCE

Car
300 CE
Hello. I was wondering how I can change the light inside the gear lever housing that lights D,R,P etc? Mine hasn't worked since I got the car?

I would like to know as well but I don't think that it is a simple light replacement. The display on mine brightly lights up the gear selected and all at a lower level with the lights on. I have had 3 gear levers with display fortunately all under warranty and it has just failed again and MB want £315 for a new one as it is outside the two year parts warranty. They tell me that it is not the light but the sensor at the bottom of the selector shaft. Its annoying but as it is cosmetic I will have to put up with it for a while.

very simple change.

prise off the black gear surround

Remove the wood console, (if you have a centre storage box you will find two screws inside). if no centre box lift up the carpet to reveal the screw holding the wood console in place.

lift the wood console upwards and then disonnect all the window and mirror switches.

observe how nicely the centre cosole is made

now you'll have proper access to remove the top cover of the gearbox shift housing held in by clips on the corners.

Unclip them and Roberts your mothers brother, the bulb will be revealed!

Thanks billyw124 I will try that and let you know how I get on!!

Changed the bulb yesterday looks brilliant thanks all!!!:bannana:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom