Gear select perfect when moving straight but doesn't select when taking a U turn.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sabaranky

Car
Mecendez w202
I use Mercedes Benz w202 (230) , I am having a serious condition of gear selection, only when the car is at a junction, taking a turn either to the right or left the gear would select until I park, off and on the car then the selection process will become normal again, this problem only occur whenever there's a turn to either left or right side of the road. On the contrary the car do have perfect selection if it moves on a straight road, it can go a whole 300 miles even more than as long as there won't be a turn to the right or left of the road. Please help, what could be the cause of the problem?

Is this an automatic or manual transmission?

The mechanical linkage under the gear level might be loose, and under strain when subjected to lateral G force, or just touching another part of the car, which might prevent it from moving freely.

Is this an automatic or manual transmission?

The mechanical linkage under the gear level might be loose, and under strain when subjected to lateral G force, or just touching another part of the car, which might prevent it from moving freely.
It is automatic gear, I was suspecting gear selector, or Ags

What is lateral G force?

It's the sideways movement of the linkage when the car is turning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom