Gearbox acting odd

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

EdmundIJones

Car
Mercedes C270 CDi
Hi,
I've just had a call from my wife who is in the W203 C270CDI (02 plate), she rung to say that she put it into drive and when she pressed the accelerator there was no increase in revs like you'd expect to pull away. She then put it back into park or neutral and back into drive. The revs then kicked in when she got the pedal pressed half way down. After this it all ran fine and worked as per normal.

She drove for about 7 miles and then it did the same, no revs when in drive.
It's done 160K and had new ATF just over a year ago, it's been fine over this time, seems to have slipped out of gear once of twice but not enough to cause concern. It had some old ECU errors stored about there not being plausible sensor values in the gearbox module. We cleared these a while back to see if they will come back, I'll take a look tomorrow when I get home. I have a mate who works on Mercs at his garage who has Star so I'll get him to take a look. Just wondered if I should start to get very worried and call the bank manager on this....

Thanks
Ed

similar probs on 2001 c180 (w203)

My gearbox did not like being put in drive or reverse and accelerating but if you put it in drive and wait for it to engage, one or two seconds then accelerate it was fine.My untrained understanding made m think the cluch was slipping but suddenley it would.my problem seems to be nearley sorted and has turned out to be a seal ring.has this been happening since last service and has the increased wear done big damage.My particular prob ha been well documented on this site took me a time to find but in my defence i did not know what i was looking for.Hope this helps in some way.

The wife said it was fine on the way home so I'll see if there are any fauly codes tomorrow. Thanks for the guidance on this.

Possibly teflon seal in the box,is the ecm filled with oil due to connector sleeve leak as this will cause all sorts of prob's.

I took the car out for a drive last night, not the smallest of problems... very odd, I'll get any codes read tonight form the gearbox module.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom