gearbox delay

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fizzer

Congleton, Cheshire. UK and Scottsdale, Arizona, U
Car
L/R Discovery, BMW Z4 3.0, Dodge Charger R/T Daytona (now gone) 2011 Mercedes GL450
OK,I am sure this will have been covered before, but I havn't been able to find a thread. My CLS has the 7 G-tronic, there is a delay from depressing the throttle, at say coming up to a roundabout or junction, or when starting to overtake. my question is therefore.. why, and has anyone experienced it and then, of course, is there a fix for it. TBH my C200CDI (W204) had a similar delay, I did hope the more powerful engine/gearbox would not have it. Could it be a Diesel coupled with auto problem, my wifes Z4 with auto has instant acceleration. Its the 1 thing that I don't like about the car but, it would be enough to get rid of it and buy the petrol version, if it turns out that "they all do that sir".

W203, C180 Kompressor with 5-gear autobox, same here....

Some say SprintBooster helps, other say it is an illusion.

Some say that resetting the gearbox ECU (or TPS?) memory helps, others say it doesn't.

Donnow.... just live with it like we all do :(

TBH thats what I was expecting. Its a shame tho, the rest of the car is about perfect, just this annoying delay :wallbash:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom