Gearbox, drivetrain etc the same on C220 CDI as C250CDI

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

markaz

Car
Mercedes Benz C220 CDi Elegance (W204)
Hi guys

Thinking of a remap on my C220 CDI which will take it to circa 200 bhp which is similar output of the C250 CDI.

Is the Gearbox, diff etc on my 220 the same as that fitted on the 250?

Thanks

Mark.

Hi guys

Thinking of a remap on my C220 CDI which will take it to circa 200 bhp which is similar output of the C250 CDI.

Is the Gearbox, diff etc on my 220 the same as that fitted on the 250?

Thanks

Mark.
Almost certainly mechanically the same altho some of the gearbox software [ change up points etc might be slightly different] meaning driveability might alter slightly. That might be included in a good remap anyway??

Almost certainly mechanically the same altho some of the gearbox software [ change up points etc might be slightly different] meaning driveability might alter slightly. That might be included in a good remap anyway??

Thanks Graeme I believe the remap also tweaks the gearbox software. Just concerned whether it would mechanically handle the extra power

I don't see why it wouldn't handle the extra power. A standard gearbox on say an Astra turbo will handle 300 BHP. The issue there would be if the clutch will handle it. I wouldn't worry about the box or the diff mate. Check if the torque converter is the same.

Mark

I don't see why it wouldn't handle the extra power. A standard gearbox on say an Astra turbo will handle 300 BHP. The issue there would be if the clutch will handle it. I wouldn't worry about the box or the diff mate. Check if the torque converter is the same.

Mark

Thanks Mark - anyone know if the torque converter is the same?

7g can handle up to around 500lbft. 5g up to mid 700s. Same boz in 220 as 250.

It's fitted to the V8 500 engines, so I doubt you'll need to worry about the gearbox. :thumb:

That's some quality information No worries there then haha.

Q: why can the 5 handle more??

Fewer gears are each bigger I'd imagine. The more gears, it gets exponentially more complicated and intricate. :dk: Have you seen the diagrams of these? They're massively complicated machines.

There's quite a lot of info on the wikipedia pages for them, and also Mercedes explanation/education videos on Youtube.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom