Gearbox goes into Sport mode by itself

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tattooal

Car
C350 3.5
Hello all,

Ok I have a new problem that has me baffled so I wonder if any of you nice folks out there can help me.

I have a C350 3.5 and I have started to notice that while I'm driving the Sport Mode comes on by itself from Economy mode. The light on the Sport switch illuminates and the S symbol on the dash comes on. The switch won't let me turn it off again until I stop the car, switch the engine off and restart.

Electrical or mechanical fault? Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Thanks in Advance

Al

On my E500 this happened when the battery was not holding a charge. Battery replaced.

My battery has been fine, starting no problems first time every time with no other problems, I had it on the OBD machine and it came up with 2 error messages P220101 - Undocumented Code and P012800 - Coolant Thermostat(Coolant Temp Below Thermostat Reg temp)

Can anyone help plese i see lots of views but no responses?

How old is it ? W203? W204? W205 ?
If its a W203, pop up the gear surround and unplug the lead that goes into the switch pack - at least that would diagnose a failing switch for you !

R

On my E500 this happened when the battery was not holding a charge. Battery replaced.

This happened on mine, also the windows needed resetting
back to the OP, nothing else electrical has been misbehaving?

Hello all,

Ok I have a new problem that has me baffled so I wonder if any of you nice folks out there can help me.

I have a C350 3.5 and I have started to notice that while I'm driving the Sport Mode comes on by itself from Economy mode. The light on the Sport switch illuminates and the S symbol on the dash comes on. The switch won't let me turn it off again until I stop the car, switch the engine off and restart.

Electrical or mechanical fault? Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Thanks in Advance

Al
Did you get this fixed, if so how did you do it?

Hello all, My apologies if this is in the wrong spot. I am a new member. I have a 2005 C180k W293 M271.946 auto and I'm wondering if I can swap my engine for a manual one if I swap over the flywheel and clutch etc for my flywheel and torque convertor?

Many thanks - Mick

Hello all, My apologies if this is in the wrong spot. I am a new member. I have a 2005 C180k W293 M271.946 auto and I'm wondering if I can swap my engine for a manual one if I swap over the flywheel and clutch etc for my flywheel and torque convertor?

Many thanks - Mick
Welcome to the Forum.

You need to start a new thread.

This one is five-years old and is about a completely diffeent topic. 👍

Check your level sensor arms on suspension, they usually break
What has this got to do with the question you answered?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom