Gearbox headaches

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stickysticks101

Car
c class
Hi everyone. Got the codes from my gearbox yesterday p2500 p220a p2502. Can anybody help me decide what to do. I havechanged the oil and filter and check the levels everything ok. can't really afford to put a reconditioned gearbox in so looking on eBay at second-hand ones but very nervous about going down that route. Does anybody know how long it takes to roughly change a gearbox over?its C Class CDI Estate. Really don't know what to do... any advice would be great cheers everybody.

What exactly is the problem with the box. I know you've listed the codes but, what are the symptoms?
I would think carefully about attempting an auto gearbox change yourself if you don't know what you are doing as you could cause even more damage.

Slipping out of gear and slow change from 3rd to 4th kind of over revving slightly on the change. The valves in the box came up with no problems on the star system.

looking at all the info on this forum i am tempted to change the valve body. i was looking at Three Pointed Parts in Taunton to get the part and then just hope that it cures the problem. the gearbox drives lovely with no knocks or anything.
just hoping someone can give me a bit of advice on here.

I wouldn't throw parts/money at it until you have had it inspected by an MB indy and had the codes read on Star.
I would be inclined to contact Steve at Avantgarde Automotive in Clevedon N Somerset and get his opinion. If you need to take the car to him I understand he has a courtesy car you can use.

contact us

Good question. Got a feeling MSL in Birmingham maybe your nearest, although I recall someone was very happy with the work done in one in Liverpool.
If I come across the name I'll post back here with it.

Found it. Andy is the owner. Chester is fairly close isn't it?:dk:
Autobarn, Quaint Farm, Welsh Road Ledsham CH66 9PA (near Ellesmere Port) 0151 347 9999.

Last edited:
ok cheers. will give them a call and let you know how i get on. Chester is fairly close.
cheers for the help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom