Gearbox Issues - 7G Plus, please help

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Car
Mercedes E250 W212 CDI BlueEfficiency
Hi all,

I have an ongoing issue with my gearbox (7G plus from a W212 2012) and I'm really puzzled. I hope someone can shed some light on this, would be very much appreciate it.

I have an issue with my gearbox, on cold it jerks, quite badly downhill, up the hill and even road it does but not that bad, on from 1st to 2nd and once gets a bit warm from 2nd to 3rd, all the other gears silky smooth. Also on kick down, it literally gives you two huge jolts, one after another before it actually pulls.

Took my car to a local garage which tested the mechatronic and TCU alongside all solenoids and everything seems to be fine, reinstall all in and changed the oil. Then the car seemed slightly better, then I've reseted the TCU and torque converter lockup and the car got even worse, it jerks even more on cold until heats up. When they removed the oil, apart being a browish colour, everything looked spot-on, no metal inside or anything, even the magnets were clean and no transmission errors whatsoever.

Do you think a torque converter adaption (KUB) would help? And why when I reset the torque converter lockup, the gearbox perform even worse? Does it look like there's a gearbox mechanical issue?

I've read somewhere that I can disable the lockup to test if the gearbox improves but not sure how safe this is. It also had software updated with no improvement whatsoever.

Could anyone help, please? I'm willing to pay anyone knowledgeable as I'm completely fed up with this issue and not sure what else to do.

Thanks a lot and hopefully someone can help me out tracking this issue down and get it fixed.

Last edited:
Did they refill with the correct atf? 7G+ should be green/blue not red.

Did they refill with the correct atf? 7G+ should be green/blue not red.

Thanks for your input. Yes, you're correct, it's blue and has been filled in with the correct ATF. I'm thinking if it's not the torque converter that's playing but not sure how you can check the torque converter. The gearbox doesn't have any errors at all which is very odd.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom