Gearbox - Mechanical & electrical Guru?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

IceBoy

Car
C200cdi W204 auto Elegance
Hi All,

Some of the threads on hear have got me thinking, especially as I have a problem with my 5sp auto on the s211 E320cdi (53-reg).

Most places including MB seem to think that you need a new gearbox or torque converter, if the oil and filter change makes no difference!

My car only when cold (as some of you may know) makes a droning sound when coming off the gas and if on a very light throtle between 1200-1600rpm seems to feather as if I am coming on and off the gas slightly.

When the car is warm the gearbox is sliky smooth.

This makes me think that there could be an electrical problem or something else as the torque converter symptoms usually become worse when warm and give you a cattle gridding.

There is no errors on STAR.

I know there are many people on here that have had similar problems.

SO - is there anyone in the UK that can actually fix the part or problem within the GB that is causinght these issues.....rather than sucking there teeth and telling me that this is going to be expensive and will need a new TC or GB ?!?

After now having spent over £1000 in my first 4 weeks of ownership which is nearly 25% of the value of the car......I just don't want to look at it anymore.

Shame as when the car is warm, it is like a dream.

IceBoy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom