Gearbox oil and filter change

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RSTurbo50

Car
W212 E250 CDi AMG Sport
How regular should this be done? My C55 I believe has had two changes in its lifetime, the last one done approximately three years ago....my car has now done 75k miles.

She will
Be due one at 80k :)

Every 40k or there shouts

It's excellent that it's been completed twice already

Thanks Lenny,

I may get it done the next few weeks for peace of mind

For the sake of £160 or whatever it is, it's the best peace of mind you'll have when venturing into an AMG merc.
Check also if the diff oil has been done too - it's worth doing too

Should the gearbox oil be red. I have a 722.6 5 speed box in my clk 230 kompressor, gone to check oil cold and hot. The readings are high and the oil is same colour has normal engine oil, but clean.
How do u get all the oil out to change if diff dont have drain plug..
I have gearbox problems with it being clunky sometimes and staying in one gear which knocks speedo off. Once i take key out and restart its fine again. I do have a speed sensor code fault but worried the wrong oil is in gearbox.

Should the gearbox oil be red. I have a 722.6 5 speed box in my clk 230 kompressor, gone to check oil cold and hot. The readings are high and the oil is same colour has normal engine oil, but clean.
How do u get all the oil out to change if diff dont have drain plug..
I have gearbox problems with it being clunky sometimes and staying in one gear which knocks speedo off. Once i take key out and restart its fine again. I do have a speed sensor code fault but worried the wrong oil is in gearbox.

Should be red. There is a drain on trans sump and you may have one in tc . Trans sump needs removing to change filter and I'd also do pilot bush while at it. Sure there is a how to on here.

Should be red. There is a drain on trans sump and you may have one in tc . Trans sump needs removing to change filter and I'd also do pilot bush while at it. Sure there is a how to on here.
Whats pilot bush.looking at a febi kit on ebay for gearbox oil service. I am sure mines not got a diff plug, any ideas on how you drain the system if u can only drop gearbox sump. Thanks

Whats pilot bush.looking at a febi kit on ebay for gearbox oil service. I am sure mines not got a diff plug, any ideas on how you drain the system if u can only drop gearbox sump. Thanks

Diff plug? Will definitely have a drain on trans sump but it may or may not have one on torque converter

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom