Gearbox Oil Change E350 CDi

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chappie350

Car
E350CDI
Hi,

Need a bit of advice please.

I own a 2012 E350 CDi Sport saloon with the 7g gearbox. It is now just over 3 years old.

It's just passed the 31,000 mile mark this week and according to the service book the Gearbox oil requires changing at either 3 years or 31,000 miles.

Can anyone confirm this is the case as have been advised by a main dealer that it's 37000 miles or 4 years? If it needs done now I don't want to take any chances and intend on getting it done,

Main dealers seem to be asking around £350 to £400 to do this job and I'm most likely to use one. However, I'm also considering using an Indy to keep cost down. If I go outside to a good Indy using genuine filter and oil I am assuming this wouldn't invalidate what's left of the approved warranty? Any idea what an Indy would charge?

Any advice would be great.

Thanks

I was told by MB that the age of the vehicle is not the deciding factor it is the mileage , 36k. Whether that is 7G gearbox specific i dont know.

My CLS has just turned 31k and it will due for its gearbox oil change at its fifth service this December.

Kenny

Are you putting yours through MB main dealer or using an Indy?

I signed up for a four year service plan through MB , it was £42pm for my 2010 CLS 350. It does seem a bit expensive at £500 ish per annum for a service but without going into every aspect of it i thought it was worth it.

I have MB breakdown cover for as long as they service the car which saves me around £100 pa taking the average annual service cost nearer to £400 pa , i get a courtesy car (if pre arranged) when mine is being serviced + MOT`d so the gap between Indy and main dealer prices are not that far apart plus the car is still on the dealers radar.

The only savings in going to an Indy , providing genuine parts are used and ALL the work is completed as scheduled by both parties , is with the labour costs.

Kenny

Thanks Kenny,

I was offered a service plan when I bought the car back in April. I do a fair mileage each year (c.25-30k) so will need to see how this works out......didn't realise you could pay it up monthly so will look into that.

Appreciate reply, thanks

Colin

I have a 2014 E350 CDI.
According to the Service Booklet the fluid on NAG2 transmissions needs changing at 31,000 miles/3 years and on NAG2-FE+ or NAG3 transmissions 77,500 miles/5 years. I could not find out from the documentation with the car what type of transmission was in my car so I contacted Mercedes through Mercedes Me and found out mine had the NAG2-FE+ which therefore did not require changing until later.

Previously I had a CLK with the 7 speed transmission and when that needed the fluid change I took out a service plan for 2 years which covered the fluid change and a A and B service which 5 years ago was £32 per month. I like to keep the car serviced in the Mercedes dealer network to retain the breakdown cover as I go abroad every year but now I get the car serviced by a Spanish MB dealer as their labour rates are less than half the English rates.

Chappie350 said:
Thanks Kenny, I was offered a service plan when I bought the car back in April. I do a fair mileage each year (c.25-30k) so will need to see how this works out......didn't realise you could pay it up monthly so will look into that. Appreciate reply, thanks Colin

Take out the plan just before the second service is due that way you pay for a B service first therefore maximising value from the plan.

Hi,

Need a bit of advice please.

g.png

Do you looking for it at amazon?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom