gearbox problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jimmys321

Car
C220 cdi
c220 cdi 52 plate estate,
my auto gearbox has been fine since i got the car over a year ago, but last night on the motor way the kick down stopped working, i think it happened when i was entering the motorway on the slip road the car was going really slow
all the gears are working fine but the kick down has stopped working.
any help much appreciated

my auto gearbox has been fine since i got the car over a year ago, but last night on the motor way the kick down stopped working, i think it happened when i was entering the motorway on the slip road the car was going really slow

Did the engine management light come on,sounds like it could be the maf?

hi, the engine management light never came on.

Best bet is to get the car to a good independant garage with star(diagnostics)to find out exactly what the problem is.

get it to a good indy could be one of ten things

Get to a garage, engine may have gone into it's limp mode. Has it happened again or just a one off?

I doubt it's a gearbox issue. It is just lack of power due to an engine fault.

hi there, its the first time this has happened, but about 6 months ago i used the kick down to overtake and it got stuck in gear so i pulled over and it went back to normal

hi, what is limp mode ? and this is the first time its happened.
cheers thanks...

hi, what is limp mode ? and this is the first time its happened.
cheers thanks...

Limp mode is when the ecu protects the engine when a problem develops by stopping you from revving the engine too high(in other words it allows you to drive the car to a garage).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom