Gearbox program after remap

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

s70rmp

Car
C350 CDI BlueEFFICIENCY AMG Sport Plus Saloon
I'm still looking at which map path I'm going to go on with my C350
But a daft question maybe if somebody could help me please

Once the car has been remapped what if any affect does it have on the gearbox program ? at the moment I'm mostly driving in S but switch back to E when cruising. Does a remap affect the gearbox options ?

No effect on the tcu or options, except maybe the increased torque will allow the box to change up earlier.

You can get the tcu remapped but tends to give very abrupt changes

I had it in my head for what ever reason that it was going to make the gearbox selection null and void, I don't know why I just did.

After my tune on the C32 (354bhp to 398bhp) and 330ft lb to 400ft lb the gearbox changed up a lot earlier than normal, It didn't rev out as much.

After a few WOT pulls it soon learned to change up higher. Go for it!

I'm still looking at which map path I'm going to go on with my C350
But a daft question maybe if somebody could help me please

Once the car has been remapped what if any affect does it have on the gearbox program ? at the moment I'm mostly driving in S but switch back to E when cruising. Does a remap affect the gearbox options ?

I'm thinking of getting a remap also - who are you thinking of using ? Group buy anyone for better pricing? :D

I'm thinking of getting a remap also - who are you thinking of using ? Group buy anyone for better pricing? :D

Celtic Remap at the moment is the way I think I'll be going.

I actually went for one earlier in the year but the local Celtic dealer had made a mistake, well a newbie there had he had presumed the C350 could be mapped by just pluggin in the system but the C350 needs to have the ECU removed to be mapped and the garage didn't want to do it on a Saturday without Celtic support available

Celtic Remap at the moment is the way I think I'll be going.

I actually went for one earlier in the year but the local Celtic dealer had made a mistake, well a newbie there had he had presumed the C350 could be mapped by just pluggin in the system but the C350 needs to have the ECU removed to be mapped and the garage didn't want to do it on a Saturday without Celtic support available

Yes, I heard ECU needs to be out.

I need to contact Celtic and find out when the have their mobile service in my area

I had a CRV remapped by Celtic and wasn't that impressed to be honest considering what the gains were supposed to be

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom