Gearboxes?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Beardz

Car
Merc E220 (S212) CDi SE Exec Estate & Merc CLK320 Cabrio A209
First of all please excuse my ignorance in all matters oily!

I have an E320 CDi V6 estate.

My question is - Is the gearbox generic to the engine or the vehicle/model?

If it is generic to the engine is £695 a reasonable price for a second hand box?

What is wrong with the box?

The replacement has to be exactly the same as the one currently fitted.

Lumpy changes holds onto gears at weird times not smooth at all
Only had ATF changed 6 months ago

These gearboxes are pretty solid mechanically... You need to get the car onto a Star Machine as its likely the issue is with the electronic side of the box and programming of it.

These sorts of issues can be down to problems on the engine side too.

Thanks

Jay

These gearboxes are pretty solid mechanically... You need to get the car onto a Star Machine as its likely the issue is with the electronic side of the box and programming of it.

These sorts of issues can be down to problems on the engine side too.

Thanks

Jay

Out of interest, what sort of problems?

I recently had the exhaust pressure sensor changed as I was experiencing the kangaroo problem under load when accelerating
Touch wood that seems to be ok (although it has still done it a couple of times since). Could they be related?
Also would my rad be a valeo? As I have read threads about them ruining boxes.

Sorry iPhone issues!

Any ideas? Are any of these issues linked?

Dont worry about the glycol problem. Your car does not suffer.

The kangeroo problem may be somthing else not related to the gearbox. The gearbox issue could just be down to a faulty valve body. As Jay says. Get it plugged in first.

Dont worry about the glycol problem. Your car does not suffer.

The kangeroo problem may be somthing else not related to the gearbox. The gearbox issue could just be down to a faulty valve body. As Jay says. Get it plugged in first.

The problem is I have had it plugged in on a Star machine by my indie on a couple of occasions now and he tells me nothing is showing up! Now I have no reason to doubt him, but the problem persists and along with the weird changes etc it just makes me wonder if I have one of those problematic cars that I either ignore and carry on or chuck loads of cash at tracking the problem down.

It just spoils the whole owning a Merc experience as otherwise I just love the car.

There may be no faults but Mercedes can reset some of the adaptions and other settings to fix this issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom