Gearstick cover - any idea how to remove?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ndaa75

Car
Merc CLK 200
Hi all

I have a replacement part for the damaged gearstick cover on my CLK200 55 plate Kompressor, except im not sure how to remove and replace?

Any ideas?

See pic below in respect of the part im looking to sort.

Cheers
Neil

Gearstickcover_zps833bb14d.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks but it doesn't really address the issue!

If there is anyone here who will be able to tell you, it'll be Karl (Killerhertz)!

I'm sure he'll be along to help you shortly.

:thumb:

Open the ashtray and lift the gear shift cover with your fingers on the exposed edge - it is held by strong spring clips so takes a bit of effort

Open the ashtray and lift the gear shift cover with your fingers on the exposed edge - it is held by strong spring clips so takes a bit of effort

Thanks, do i ned to remove the chrome surround at the base of the gearstick before i remove the cover?

Ndaa75 said:
Thanks, do i ned to remove the chrome surround at the base of the gearstick before i remove the cover?

No, i would leave it on as it has some tabs that can easily be damaged if removed without same care. I'm trying to remember how to release the gear knob from the selector so I might have to look it up unless you already know?

Well ive just lifted it up and had a look. I think if you release the surround with the clips underneath this will separate the cover which i think you could possibly manoeuvre over the surround and over the gearstick to remove completely. Im not 100% sure if this is the correct procedure, if you could have a look id really appreciate it.

That will work and carefully release the surround clips; they can break off :)

That will work and carefully release the surround clips; they can break off :)

Thanks, ill be receiving my new surround (£40!) on Wednesday so will have a go at surgery then!

Thanks for your help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom