Gel plates

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bri

Car
2008 Mercedes E220 est Sold ! 2011 E350 est Sold ! 2018 E220 est Premium package
Fancying a set of gel number plates, adds say they are road legal can any one confirm this ?.
If they are legal can any one recommend a good seller, they seem to range from £25 up to £70 on line not sure what you get for the more you pay.

If you want a pair, I know a local company that can do them and ship them out. They are registered with the DVLA and charge £35 a pair plus post I think

Reactions: Bri
If you want a pair, I know a local company that can do them and ship them out. They are registered with the DVLA and charge £35 a pair plus post I think
Thanks can you send me the details

I was looking for something different, used a company called four dot, not gel but all legal, loads of designs etc to choose from.8B2D9A12-DBC3-4287-A1D4-2692CA784F75.jpeg

Fancying a set of gel number plates, adds say they are road legal can any one confirm this ?.
If they are legal can any one recommend a good seller, they seem to range from £25 up to £70 on line not sure what you get for the more you pay.
I’ve used this company 3 times now. Always great quick service and quality plates.

Just bought a pair of 4d 5mm number plates from utopia plates.
Waiting for them to arrive

I bought 4D plates from a seller on Ebay... they have been on the car for 10 months and look good, even parking knocks haven't dislodged the letters. Just needed to watch where I drilled them for screws. About £25 for the pair IIRC.

Rolaplates, just bought a rear plate from them, good quality. Basic gel plates £37. I bought a fancy coloured plate, bit more expensive

whats a gel plate. Any pics for the oldies??

Just looked them up on Google. Not for me. Look like they are made by a six year old in a primary school art lesson. But obviously production will have stopped since monday!

whats a gel plate. Any pics for the oldies??

Website-3D-Gel-Pciture-600x600.jpg

They are legal and even if you bought them as 'show plates' on eBay, as long as they're spaced correctly and the right font you'll be fine.

I know these ones are called '4D' on many adverts but ultimately they're just the normal font in 3D lettering but I quite like them. Had them on my last car without issue as well.

RqVy0xY.jpg

I believe pukka plates also display a British Standard number and the postcode of the company that made the plate.

I’ve used this company 3 times now. Always great quick service and quality plates.

I buy plates for my cars from the main dealer so it has the dealership logo on them 😊 but I have recently had some custom plates made up with graphics on them (no registration number) and Number1Plates did a fantastic job. Really fantastic service too, and great value. I was very impressed.

They are legal and even if you bought them as 'show plates' on eBay, as long as they're spaced correctly and the right font you'll be fine.

I know these ones are called '4D' on many adverts but ultimately they're just the normal font in 3D lettering but I quite like them. Had them on my last car without issue as well.
Quite like your plate surround , how are they fixed to the car ??

I buy plates for my cars from the main dealer so it has the dealership logo on them 😊 but I have recently had some custom plates made up with graphics on them (no registration number) and Number1Plates did a fantastic job. Really fantastic service too, and great value. I was very impressed.
I have my own slogan on car and van plates. 😁

What were the custom plates for Rob?

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom