Gel plates

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
On the topic of 3d/4d plates.

“The agency has not seen any evidence to show that number plates displaying raised plastic, acrylic or Perspex lettering (3D/4D plates) are able to meet the requirements of either the current or new the British Standard.”

Just wanted to mention the change to the british standard for legal plates changes on 1 Sep 2021, so if you do want 3d/4d Legal plates get them before then.

Afaik they won't retrospectively act on 3d/4d once the new standard is in place.

I have my own slogan on car and van plates. 😁

What were the custom plates for Rob?
I edit the registration numbers out when I take photos of our cars, so that you can’t see them if I post the photos online or on social media, so I bought some plates which I can fit when taking photos.

I’ve not used them yet but I agreed that a photographer can take some photos of our cars for his Instagram account - it’s difficult to get dealer cars during lockdown - so I thought these plates would come in handy..

“The agency has not seen any evidence to show that number plates displaying raised plastic, acrylic or Perspex lettering (3D/4D plates) are able to meet the requirements of either the current or
What a load of cobblers, what difference does it make if the digits are raised, as long as they are Black, correct font and correctly spaced.
:rolleyes:

Reactions: AMV
What a load of cobblers, what difference does it make if the digits are raised, as long as they are Black, correct font and correctly spaced.

ANPR is capable of seeing and reading a whole raft of "dodgy" spacing and fonts.

Have not personally seen how well it copes with 3D/4D but suspct within its capability.

They're not my cup of tea but I agree, that's how number plates were up until the 70s, with raised digits

Ace silver peak were the plates to have in those days. I can remember fitting them to new Jaguars as a young apprentice.

@zignature.co.uk on insta
or zignature.co.uk

Well recommended.

They just screw on to where the original plates would go and you clip the number plates into the frames. :)
Fair enough , ask a stupid question. I can't see any seams in the holder so how does the plate fit into the holder AFTER you've screwed it to the car.

Fair enough , ask a stupid question. I can't see any seams in the holder so how does the plate fit into the holder AFTER you've screwed it to the car.

I'd love to say it's magic but basically the outer frame clips in around the edges but has a hinge so won't fall off. The plate clips into the holder, the edge then clips on. Bit like a fascia if you like. :)

“The agency has not seen any evidence to show that number plates displaying raised plastic, acrylic or Perspex lettering (3D/4D plates) are able to meet the requirements of either the current or new the British Standard.”

Just wanted to mention the change to the british standard for legal plates changes on 1 Sep 2021, so if you do want 3d/4d Legal plates get them before then.

Afaik they won't retrospectively act on 3d/4d once the new standard is in place.

Yes, buy them now if you can! I have just been down to my local car bits shop to get a set of 3D Gel Plates and they have just stopped making them so just ordered some on line at Home . The local shop may have just run out of the components and decided not to stock any more.

Reactions: AMV
Maybe the 4D part concerns them more than anything else?
All this time travel could create havoc for everyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom