Gemballa goes missing !!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Thanks goodness for that. I thought you were referring to your SEC when I read the thread title!!

He will appear on eBay in a few years outside Coventry with dodgy hair, Halfords chrome trim on his jacket, purple tinted glasses and an AMG badge on the back of his coat

Last edited:
And gullwing ears ....

If you read closely, it's more likely he's kidnapped and police have closed off premises to prevent any theft of vehicles, as the news article reports that they are in search of vehicles 'not officially sold'.

talbir

I re read closely and it appears the police haven't closed anything since I posted the link.

Man at factory quotes "business as usual".

If you read closely, it's more likely he's kidnapped and police have closed off premises to prevent any theft of vehicles

I don't think so.
It would be wrong of us to speculate at this point on the reasons for this, although we did hear rumours yesterday about the possible reasons for Uwe’s disappearance which we couldn’t publish.

Our source has told us that the cars at Gemballa have been impounded and the owners are being contacted to provide proof that the cars belong to them or Gemballa. If they are unable to do this the cars will be seized.

We are trying to verify this story as we write, and will update this article as soon as we get more news. We hope the reports are incorrect, but they do come from a good source.
There'd be no reason why the "couldn't" publish rumours of a kidnapping, if that's what it was. Talk of 'impounding' and 'seizing' cars also sounds like financial problems IMHO.

Talk of 'impounding' and 'seizing' cars also sounds like financial problems IMHO.

It was that that lead to my Pete Tong assumption. Still most viable explanation at present. I could be wrong of course.

Well, financial problems happen to the best of them...Strattons went bankrupt (as did many other executive car tuners) in the 80s.

Vantagefield is the only one still in play from the array of 80's Park Lane tuners.

talbir

Well, financial problems happen to the best of them...Strattons went bankrupt (as did many other executive car tuners) in the 80s.

Vantagefield is the only one still in play from the array of 80's Park Lane tuners.

talbir

tis a shame if so, variety is the spice of life!

Talbar - what an incredible selection of vehicles you have, do you still own all of them? is it possible to see pictures, particularil the gemballa?!:-

Mercedes 500E 040 Black (326bhp)
Mercedes 500E Spruce Green (326bhp)

Mercedes 560SEC AMG White(325bhp)
Mercedes 5.0 AMG 32V DOHC Widebody (340 bhp)
Mercedes 500 SEL Brabus (418bhp)
Mercedes 560 SE Carat Duchatelet (300 bhp)
Mercedes w124 TE Brabus
Porsche 911 Turbo SE Slantnose
Mercedes 190E AMG Widebody
Mercedes 560E AMG Hammer DOHC/5.6 (360bhp)
Ferrari 328 GTS Koenig Widebody
Mercedes 560 SEC 6.9 Gemballa Widebody (450bhp)
Porsche 928 S4 Supercharged Strosek Widebody (550bhp)

Some shots of the Gemballa to be found here if you use the search button.

I have to say its obscenely over the top whilst remaining beautiful at the same time.

tis a shame if so, variety is the spice of life!

Talbar - what an incredible selection of vehicles you have, do you still own all of them? is it possible to see pictures, particularil the gemballa?!:-

Mercedes 500E 040 Black (326bhp)
Mercedes 500E Spruce Green (326bhp)
Mercedes 560SEC AMG White(325bhp)
Mercedes 5.0 AMG 32V DOHC Widebody (340 bhp)
Mercedes 500 SEL Brabus (418bhp)
Mercedes 560 SE Carat Duchatelet (300 bhp)
Mercedes w124 TE Brabus
Porsche 911 Turbo SE Slantnose
Mercedes 190E AMG Widebody
Mercedes 560E AMG Hammer DOHC/5.6 (360bhp)
Ferrari 328 GTS Koenig Widebody
Mercedes 560 SEC 6.9 Gemballa Widebody (450bhp)
Porsche 928 S4 Supercharged Strosek Widebody (550bhp)

Yes he does and look like he did not added his 6.9 BRABUS on the list yet.Here you can find the pic View Album

Sorry for the epic bump, but was there any news on this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom