general hellos

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jazzibell

Car
A160
Hello,
Just trying to learn how to navigate this site.
Just bought a little (1.5) A160 petrol engine MB that was registered at the end of 2009. First MB after a somewhat chequered history of cars that include Audi (soft spot for a throaty Allroad); Subaru (it was love and it saved my life); VW (a passat can bore you to death), Volvo (being sensible), Peugot (lured by a french chassis), Rover (young and impressionable), Nissan, Honda and Mazda (Eastern car phase). Not sure what MB ownership holds so far but hoping for reliability and being a good little work horse. Bit peturbed by it having such a compact engine and no Haynes manual....and I'm sure that I can get used to a small engine.. eventually.
I will wander off around the site, so thanks in advance for the pearls of wisdom that I'm sure will help me live with my new purchase and minimise any unfortunate dealings with main dealerships and their garages.:thumb:

Oh yes, and why does Wikipedia think that all A160s should be diesel?

Welcome :)

Never had a Japanese car, had couple of Renaults (fun to drive but rattle machines), 1 BMW (E46 320d, awesome handling, loved that car) and a Ford (rust on 2 year old car, Ford didn't want to know, not impressed).

Now on 2nd AMG, working my way through them I think, lol. Any relatively recent Merc should be a good buy, although I hear the A-Class isn't up to the quality standards as more expensive models but I guess that is to be expected and still not as poor as cheaper brands.

Welcome :)

Never had a Japanese car, had couple of Renaults (fun to drive but rattle machines), 1 BMW (E46 320d, awesome handling, loved that car) and a Ford (rust on 2 year old car, Ford didn't want to know, not impressed).

Now on 2nd AMG, working my way through them I think, lol. Any relatively recent Merc should be a good buy, although I hear the A-Class isn't up to the quality standards as more expensive models but I guess that is to be expected and still not as poor as cheaper brands.

my Ex has an A Class - fun little car this website was invaluable for some of the stranger issues (like hitting the side panel to get it to start, or the tiny plastic link that falls out and renders the gear box OOO)

Albert Rowe, Lofty's homepage

Welcome to the forum, some very knowledgeable people in here

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom