Generic bluetooth hands-free kits

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Will

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
GL63 AMG / 190E 2.5-16 / Porsche 911
Hi everyone,

I think I might have explored this avenue on here some time ago (years back).

But, what's the current good/bad bluetooth car kits available for generic cars? Ie, not specifically MB.

Used a Parrot 3100 a while ago (I think that's the model, not 100%), and that seemed pretty good. Did what it said on the tin - connected easily with all of the phones that I tried, muted the radio when it rang, no problems.

Looking for something to go into a 2006/7 Passat (the new one), that would be easy to install and remove again in a couple of years time.

Doesn't need to be a cradle type with charging or anything, just something to make/receive calls.

All recommendations eagerly awaited :)

Many thanks,

Will

I went to Halfords today with the intention of having the Parrot 3200LS system fitted and the installer wouldn't do it. We also discussed the Parrot CK3000 and the Parrot MK6100 which they also supply and fit. He said he has had real problems with Mercedes and it was likely that although the handsfree would work, it would cause problems with other electronic things in the car.

I don't have telephone pre-wiring and the dealer wasn't at all positive about any MB telephone solutions. Does anyone have any suggestions of an affordable way of making and receiving calls? I really don't want a bluetooth headset. Halfords suggested the freestanding speaker units but they don't look like they'll be very good. I have a 57 C class coupe.

Thanks

I currently use a nokia ck-7w bluetooth handsfree kit in ml 270 using the standalone speaker with which i am very pleased, especially if you compare it against any earpiece. I do a lot of motorway miles and towing and the speaker is more than capable. The garage fitted the kit in less than 45 minutes without any reports of any problems. Only one real gripe is periodically the connection will drop and then re connect again but this may be the phone?

I went to Halfords today with the intention of having the Parrot 3200LS system fitted and the installer wouldn't do it. We also discussed the Parrot CK3000 and the Parrot MK6100 which they also supply and fit. He said he has had real problems with Mercedes and it was likely that although the handsfree would work, it would cause problems with other electronic things in the car.

I don't have telephone pre-wiring and the dealer wasn't at all positive about any MB telephone solutions. Does anyone have any suggestions of an affordable way of making and receiving calls? I really don't want a bluetooth headset. Halfords suggested the freestanding speaker units but they don't look like they'll be very good. I have a 57 C class coupe.

Thanks

Hi Marianne.

I would suspect that if you don't have an active sound system ( I think its the Harmon Kardon upgrade on your year of car) then its perfectly possible to fit this without any problem.

See here, an additional harness is required if you do not have the active sound system.

http://www.parrot.com/uk/support/in...tck3100/?idcables=1&idmanufacturer=24&etape=2

If you do have the active sound system I would think there is no solution, but worth talking to Parrot tech support.

Not wishing to be disrespectful to Halfrauds they are not the greatest, you might be better sourcing it from a local Car Audio shop.

The other option which might be better is to talk to Mercedes to see what they can offer you, although I am assuming you have done that already and it was expensive as you don't have the phone prewire solution which is why you are going down the parrot route.

By the way caveat, i am making a few assumptions here as I do not know your vehicle, I fitted mine to an older vehicle. Please remember I am just a bloke on the internet:D

http://www.braybrooks.co.uk/ are releasing a Bluetooth box that fits behind your dash which will allow you to use steering wheel controls and all show up on comand in about 2-3 weeks if i remember correctly all for....waite for it....£600approx:crazy:

as per my experience parrot is a lot better than Nokia ck-7w I've changed 2 of this due to lack of voice quality (an echo problem), this on my old 202 actually I used a Parrot 3100evolution

If you have telephone pre-installed the ViseeO kit is the best option.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom