Genuine Autoparts?????

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ray_hennig

MB Enthusiast
Car
MB 300CE-24 Sportline
Hello All,

Has anyone bought anything from here:
https://www.genuineautoparts.com/uk/

They claim to sell genuine MB bits and their prices look almost too good to be true. I can find no independent opinion on the 'net.

So, is it too good to be true?

RayH

It could be a question of what's considered as 'genuine'? Same supplier as M-B use but not boxed as an original M-B part or genuine NOS parts?

Whatever, I think they are worth a punt. Buy something relatively inexpensive if competitively priced and go from there?

Buy something relatively inexpensive if competitively priced and go from there?

Just what I've done and ...

The order was dispatched before the weekend and order tracking with UPS showed delivery for Tuesday. At 12:30, the white van arrived and so did 2 genuine MB wiper blades (only ordered and paid for 1) and a charcoal canister marked Mann Filter and Mercedes.

So, service is good and parts are genuine MB.

So far, I would heartily recommend them.

RayH

I wonder if it's coming from America? Going through the models, there is only one or two diesels and the most common W210 (E320 CDI) is not there.

The order was dispatched before the weekend and order tracking with UPS showed delivery for Tuesday. At 12:30, the white van arrived and so did 2 genuine MB wiper blades (only ordered and paid for 1) and a charcoal canister marked Mann Filter and Mercedes.

RayH

Ray, what was the delivery charge if you don't mind me asking?

I thought Mercedes no longer supply parts to traders? I'd be concerned about Chinese fakes.

RayH

I just ordered a lower control arm from http://www.kfzteile-profis.de/page_1_3.php#oeformo after reading one of your posts. How long do they usually take to deliver once you have ordered?

Another hour and I would have ordered from Genuineautoparts.com, but as they did not reply to my email and I could not find any positive reviews of them , I decided I wouldn't risk it. Mercedes wanted £501.60 for the sportline fixed balljoint arm, 1243303607, and GenuineAutoparts.com wanted about £278 + delivery, so I was tempted.

I'll probably use them when the other side ball joint fails.

Last edited:
I just ordered a lower control arm from Suche nach OE - Original-Ersatzteil-NummerMercedes wanted £501.60 for the sportline fixed balljoint arm, 1243303607, and GenuineAutoparts.com wanted about £278 + delivery, so I was tempted.

I'll probably use them when the other side ball joint fails.

Exactly my reason for trying them out.

Delivery charge was about €15.

Delivery time just over a week.

The order was accepted in the USA and processed in Germany, somewhere near Cologne.

RayH

I thought Mercedes no longer supply parts to traders? I'd be concerned about Chinese fakes.

Yes, that is why I ordered something cheap and, in the case of the carbon canister, rare. My impression is that nobody changes these and a thriving aftermarket doesn't exist; I've only ever seen them as MB parts. The one I received was in a very genuine-looking box and had the appropriate Mann and MB logos and numbers.

As I say, so far, so good. Maybe it would be wise to order a single control arm?

RayH

Yes, that is why I ordered something cheap and, in the case of the carbon canister, rare. My impression is that nobody changes these and a thriving aftermarket doesn't exist; I've only ever seen them as MB parts. The one I received was in a very genuine-looking box and had the appropriate Mann and MB logos and numbers.

As I say, so far, so good. Maybe it would be wise to order a single control arm?

RayH

I spoke to an Australian lady at their call centre, and she could not answer my question about the part number but told me to email them and wait for a reply. I'm still waiting!

I asked her why there was no VAT charged, and she said it was because her head office was not in the EU. It looks like if the goods are shipped from Germany, then the customer will not have any VAT at the point of delivery in the UK. This looks wrong somehow? But it means the prices are not only discounted heavily, but also VAT free.

If I had time to wait, then I would have persevered, but my car's MOT is less than a month away, and I took the safer option at the time of ordering from Bayerischer Taxi-Einkauf ( Welcome to the online shop of the genuine car parts pro’s).

How fast are Bayerischer Taxi-Einkauf , if you don't mind RayH?

If I had time to wait, then I would have persevered, but my car's MOT is less than a month away, and I took the safer option at the time of ordering from Bayerischer Taxi-Einkauf ( Welcome to the online shop of the genuine car parts pro’s).

How fast are Bayerischer Taxi-Einkauf , if you don't mind RayH?

Worth having look at TE Taxi Berlin Mercedes Ersatzteile von TE Taxiteile Berlin I purchased from them before. Happy with with the parts supplied but from what I recall there's a minimum delivery charge so ordered several parts c.£150/€200 which made the delivery charge insignificant.

Taxi-Teile delivered in less than a week if I remember correctly. It was pretty quick and I was satisfied, as I am with the others.

Regarding the VAT thing, yes, I reckon that's unlikely to last for ever. We should have to pay when the parts enter (or become VAT-able in) the EU. Strange.

RayH

Taxi Teile delivered my LCA for sports chassis in a week, but Parcelforce tracking was useless. All it said was arrived at "National Hub", and then jumped to "delivered " 2 days later. Unfortunately DHL.de seem to use Parcelforce for the UK part of the journey.

I have ordered the other side Lgenuine MB LCA from Genuine Autoparts. Within minutes I got a phonecall to confirm it was for a sports chassis, and a small refund for a delivery overcharge. It worked out at £320 delivered, a considerable saving from the UK price of £501

Taxi Teile delivered my LCA for sports chassis in a week, but Parcelforce tracking was useless. All it said was arrived at "National Hub", and then jumped to "delivered " 2 days later. Unfortunately DHL.de seem to use Parcelforce for the UK part of the journey.

I have ordered the other side Lgenuine MB LCA from Genuine Autoparts. Within minutes I got a phonecall to confirm it was for a sports chassis, and a small refund for a delivery overcharge. It worked out at £320 delivered, a considerable saving from the UK price of £501

LCA were stamped with MB star and MB partsnumber?

how much did they charge you for shipping the LCA?
It's a heavy part

LCA were stamped with MB star and MB partsnumber?

how much did they charge you for shipping the LCA?
It's a heavy part

The part arrived after 8 days due to a bit of a delay, but it was rerouted direct to the garage. The part weighed about 7kg and it cost just over £9 shipping by UPS.

There was a MB parts label on it saying it was manufactured in Slovenia, and there was a protruding MB Star in the casting followed by 24 08, which I guess might mean week 24 of 2008.

I used Bayerischer Taxi-Einkauf for jacking point covers for my AMG-bodykitted R129. Delivery was quick, but two are not a very good fit and they have the correct MB part numbers, but no MB star, on the back. I suspect they may be pattern parts, not OE.

I used Bayerischer Taxi-Einkauf for jacking point covers for my AMG-bodykitted R129. Delivery was quick, but two are not a very good fit and they have the correct MB part numbers, but no MB star, on the back. I suspect they may be pattern parts, not OE.

They sometimes list genuine MB plus two other categories of part. Did you specify genuine MB.

I recall alternatives like "Premium Mark" and "Haus Mark". I've only requested genuine, both for MB and VW parts and that's what I received.

Just to be clear, this is the site:
KFZ Teile Profis - Ersatzteile, Autoteile, Originalteile für alle Automarken

There's also a Berlin taxi outfit that often offers Meyle and is thus bad news.

RayH

Looking for any special car parts?

Hello,
Thanks for the message. Good News! You can order any car part at Euro Car Parts | The UK's Number 1 Provider of Car Parts Online and In Store. We also have a price match guarantee.
I can provide you with a 25% OFF DISCOUNT CODE.

I hope this helps:thumb:

Seyi

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom