Genuine Mercedes-Benz S600 Stretch Limo 2001

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Less than a 1000 miles on it too.........!

Closer to 650miles...
It's a bi turbo engine in a 2001 vehicle. Very cool.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MBClub UK

I would say after living in NZ for a few years, that will not be genuine mileage if its from Asia, it was pretty well known that all cars coming over by boat from Japan were clocked.

When I was there they had Lexus, BMW, Mercs, and so on all very little K's on them, all very cheap, but no guarantee mileage was correct.

You are right to be cautious, but to a large extent the industry tidied itself up Paul. They knew they would be out of business if that continued and the Govt jumped on them pretty hard too with heavy penalties - under forgery law I think they put it, or some such similar serious classification.

By in large any clocking that no doubt still goes on will be done a little more discreetly. In this particular instance I think it would be pretty easy to spot, and very foolish of the seller to suggest it is absolutely genuine when it clearly wouldn't be. They know MB's are the worst for wool pulling due to information sharing and the great distaste MB NZ has for the import trade, they will do their best to stop it if they could.
A quick check through an MB Dealer may well reveal what you are looking for......

2008? Surely they would have moved onto using 221's by then? Must have been sat unregistered for quite some time!

I remember seeing an identical car parked on Bond Street maybe 2.5 years ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom