Genuine Mercedes Parts: Drastically different Prices in the US vs. Europe?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I've always found batteries to be same price or cheaper at the dealers than elsewhere although I'm sure others haven't?

Batteries at the dealer are almost exclusively Bosch/ Varta. While they don't come with the 5 year warranty that the aftermarket units do, you'll never need that coverage with the Mercedes branded units. I purchased mine in 2015 - still performs like new.

Filters are almost always German - Hengst, Mann, Bosch etc. If you are a Club member or a loyal customer, you'd be able to get 15% off, which makes buying from them very competitive on price and superior on quality.

Attachments

• IMG_1749.jpg
    IMG_1749.jpg
    609.2 KB · Views: 10
Reactions: 219
I recently received a quote from my MB Classic parts supplier for upper control arms for my Stroke 8 (76 240D). They were around ~£900 each!! When I checked Pelican parts, the exact control arm was £150 including Fedex economy postage to the UK (and below the customs charge threshold so exempt).

The Fedex delivery - was that a service offered by Pelican or did you have to arrange it? If the latter, how's it done?

Pelican offers it for around £30 quid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom