Genuine Mercedes Parts will be harder to find...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Big problems for G-Wagen and Unimog owners in America:

Clearly Mercedes don't think that annoying grey import Unimog owners in the US is an issue. It makes me wonder though if this is related to the whole Sprinter fiasco in the US? They have vehicles there branded Dodge and Freightliner, from a corporate point of view it must be a nightmare to try and impose some order on.

I wonder if there would be some sense in the various pan European genuine parts resellers forming a trade body. At least that way Mercedes could be approached by a group that is collectively economically interesting and maybe has some clout.

Clearly Mercedes don't think that annoying grey import Unimog owners in the US is an issue. It makes me wonder though if this is related to the whole Sprinter fiasco in the US? They have vehicles there branded Dodge and Freightliner, from a corporate point of view it must be a nightmare to try and impose some order on.

When you think about it, selling Sprinters through Freighliner dealers is exactly what they do in the UK, and from what I can gather Sprinters are selling resonably well there?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom