Genuine or fake AMG ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
lol... only burnt by true AMG owners :dk: Maybe I should keep the CDI on and put my plate on?
AMGs, who’d have one?

Mercedes never installed the badges on AMG line or AMG sport models at the factory. The vast majority are added by owners, perhaps dealers added some too.

If you like them, then add one to your car, it’s you car and your choice. Who cares what anyone else thinks, especially those AMG owners.

If you like it put it on, i don't mind, at least you are not putting the petrol in it.

Its not an AMG powered car - but back in 1994 AMG badge was put onto non AMG cars. These W124 Wagons arrived new at dealer and was given AMG splash of badges. Make what of it you like I guess, a genuine fake or just a AMG Line W124.

With regards to the comment on eBay - the original paint was silver, as you might know W124 never came in this colour. The buyer never came to see the car just bid from abroad made a bunch of excuses.

Paint was done at new too, full strip and colour change, you engine bay, under bonnet etc. Must have been a big bill. Similar stuff use to happen to brand new Mercedes in the Middle East. Soon as they arrived at the local dealer straight to bodyshop strip it down and paint.

The owner of this car was a Mercedes collector featured in Dubai Mercedes magazine. The car was bought from Japan to Dubai and then to UK. The owner in Dubai was originally from Canada and had a bunch of 90s Mercedes.

Its back on eBay now with a no reserve auction. Car has moved place to place as struggle with storage and its just best someone who can really look after it takes it. Wheels for sure not the right ones, if keeping would go to the AMG wheels from that era.

So yeah maybe a genuine fake lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom