Genuine/replicas ..17''/18''?????

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Herbie

Right come on folks. What would you have Genuine or Replica Alloys taking cost into consideration. Also would you opt for 17'' or 18'' alloys on a w210 e class?? I would ask you guys to suggest some models too please? Maybe AMG III's or A-lines? Its for an elegance model - all opinions welcomed!!!

Taking cost into consideration and owning a 14 year old 190e on quite a strict budget, i myself, would go for reps. But if money would allow, it would be AMG origionals all the way!!!!! you cant beat that AMG logo. So im told...!!

I surpose it just comes down to what you can afford mate. (in my case, not a lot)

The replica wheels look just as good imho, they just dont have the logo.

Stu.

For a w210, I would say 18" and unless you are on a very tight budget, originals.

Thanks guys for your views so far. I dont want to mess up the height and stuff with the car - bearing in mind that the car is an elegance and not avantgarde would I have an issue with putting 18''s on? Would it look wong height-wise??

mine has 18" Monobloc Brabus. you can see what they look like if you go to the Clumber Park GTG piccies that are posted, mine is the only W210 there.

I would go for 18" on a W210.
Also, go for AMG originals. You should be able to source a mint set of originals with good tyres for not much more than a set of new reps with economy tyres. The originals will have a good resale value too - keep your old wheels and put them back on when you sell the car.
Beware buying a set of wheels without the tyres - check out the cost of new tyres and I think you will be shocked.
All IHMO.

silverclk230 said:
I would go for 18" on a W210.
Also, go for AMG originals. You should be able to source a mint set of originals with good tyres for not much more than a set of new reps with economy tyres. The originals will have a good resale value too - keep your old wheels and put them back on when you sell the car.
Beware buying a set of wheels without the tyres - check out the cost of new tyres and I think you will be shocked.
All IHMO.

Ditto, and make sure that the tyres are the correct size/type for your car!
Can be easily ignored in a bargain hunting moment, with expensive consequences! :eek:

Good Luck, :)

Cheers,

Will

Good stuff guys - thanks so far for the advice. Which 18'' wheels do you suggest and what tyre size to keep the car looking cool without messing with suspension or ruining ride?

I would strongly recommend original AMG's also. If you go for AMGs and keep the original look you typically have wider wheels / tyres at the back. The typical size for 18" wheels would be:

Front: 8J x 18 with 225/40/18 ZR (i.e 8 inch x 18")
Rear: 9J x 18 with 255/35/18 ZR (i.e. 9 inch x 18")

For the W210 the monoblock type AMG wheels look better (e.g. more disk like in apperance), rather than the spoke look of soemthing like the AMG styling III. I don't think the fact that you have an Elegance would make much difference, besides you could always switch to sports supension later.

18's will alter the ride and it's all down to personal preference however I prefer the softer feel (if you can call it that!) of the 18's on my W203 Elegance compared to 17" AMG's and the sports suspension fitted to a W203 Avantgarde (really bumpy!) that I test drove before buying my W203.

I hope to post some pics of my W203 at the weekend with my 18" Styling III's fitted.

Herbie said:
Good stuff guys - thanks so far for the advice. Which 18'' wheels do you suggest and what tyre size to keep the car looking cool without messing with suspension or ruining ride?
it is not about looks with tyre size, you need to get the same diameter as your original wheel, I have 18" wheels with 235X40 profile, near to the same as the 195X65 on my last car check this site 1/2 way down is a calculator so you can work out what tyre size you need

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom