George Floyd/Black Lives Matter protests/riots

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Something I agree with you on - except you missed out religion. Some of the stuff that has happened under the auspices of the church is disgusting
Religion is at the top of my list of things to hate.

I've just read that Black knives Matter have compiled a hit list of 60 statues to be pulled down around the country. Also that prat Khan is calling for statues around London to be targeted and roads to be renamed. Who the F are they to remove British history just because they don't like it?.

Wow!

It must be quite difficult though to get the knee in exactly the right place when trying to subdue somebody that’s off their head who doesn’t really want to be subdued. You’re talking about 100mm. It’s a very fine line and he was a very big bloke.

It’s something that I wouldn’t like to try.

6ft 6" and off his head on drugs. Anyone here care to try and subdue this guy?

@Swotty - incorrect, the officer was NOT using an approved nor trained restraint.

is approved/trained is a knee on the shoulder.

That’s why he is being charged with murder, bending the truth to suit your argument renders all you say on the matter utter nonsense.

Quite a leap in logic, that, FS ... utter nonsense, as you say. ;)

Saw this on Quora Questions earlier so please don’t shoot the messenger.

The question why were black peoples used as slaves.

Because the slave industry was not invented by white people ……

If you wanted slaves , you went to Africa…….and bought them off an African , whose family had been selling slaves for centuries ……

When the Portuguese, Spanish and English traders took goods to Africa…….the return trip was generally done with an empty boat , or with goods that don’t return a huge profit .

The traders realized that they could sell slaves , why…..because Africans had been doing it for centuries and so they were a commodity to be traded .

.On average a merchant ship made around 30% profit on a trip …..trading slaves put that up to 60%

And that’s why the slaves were gotten from Africa……

The trade was well established long before whites went to Africa . Africans sold Africans.

The slaves turned a good profit

Slaves were easier to transport than many other cargo.

Everyone wanted slaves.

Don’t blame slavery on whites ..

They just expanded the trade to a worldwide thing………
That's alright then.
When my children argue one of them will invariably say she started it. Now I realise they are actually making a well reasoned argument.

In the last 24 hours, Chicago has had 18 fatal shootings. Yeah, black lives matter.
Last week 4 people were shot in Harlesden.
One of the victims was a 2 year old. Let that sink in. He was 2.
They were all black.
The shooter was a 19 year old lad. He was black.
The father of the 2 year old had recently been cleared of stabbing a black youth to death in the street.

Harlesden is not far from Watford which is the home town of the black role model Anthony Joshua.

I wonder if Anthony the black role model has been over to Harlesden to try to persuade the youth to stop killing each other.

I wonder if any of the youth of Harlesden were protesting in London at the weekend about a white bloke killing a black bloke in a strange country 4000 miles away.

Apparently theres a movement called Black Lives Matter. Can somebody please explain all of this to me because I’m really bloody confused.

Last edited:
That's alright then.
When my children argue one of them will invariably say she started it. Now I realise they are actually making a well reasoned argument.
But white people are blamed for this. That’s my point.

Just spotted the deliberate mistake.

It's a funny thing how some members who appear relatively normal for a while reveal their inner **** when their subject comes up.
Gave it the benefit of autocorrect doubt.

Do the lives (or livelihood) of the shop owners that were/are looted matter?

At what point does death come into the equation on this subject?

Does 'lives' actually mean their life(death) or their life and the way they are perceived/treated in society?

If it's the later then they aren't helping their own cause.

And when the whites returned with black slaves - on what basis did they defend the incarceration and exploitation of them? By implying that they were somehow a lesser race? Inferior? Not worthy of the rights of whites?

Was racism already invented too or was its invention only required back home - where it has lingered ever since?
Something the nobility and landed gentry did to the commoners and paupers of Olde England's? "White on white"?

And when the whites returned with black slaves - on what basis did they defend the incarceration and exploitation of them? By implying that they were somehow a lesser race? Inferior? Not worthy of the rights of whites?

Was racism already invented too or was its invention only required back home - where it has lingered ever since?

Well go back 250 years and a young Banffshire tradesman called McBellow decides there is opportunity in the US and indentures himself for several years to pay passage and get there. Our young Bellow arrives in the southern part of what will be the US and spends sevral years working off his indenture and a bit older and with some money starts a business and dioes well. McBellow is a strong churchgoing protestant and contributes to his adopted community. He gets farm and acquires some slaves to labour on it. Some years on he has plantation and a trading business and sends money back to his town in Banffshire and they build a town hall and some years later he leaves them a bequest when he dies - and they build a hospital and raise a statue.

What about the town in Banffshire - should it rip down just the statue - but if the statue should go why not the town hall and the hospital? What about the people of the town - should they pay a penance today for something that tey had no control over.

We were taught slaves built the pyramids. Should the Egyptian statues and buildings be torn down. Should the pyramids be boycotted?

And what of India today and the caste system? And look to Africa - what of the rulers and tribes who enslaved other Africans and acted as the source of the slave commodity that fueled the trans-Atlantic trade.

And what about the slavers who raided the coasts of Europe - what recompense should the UK be claiming from the north African slavers who took people?

So where does this stop? Do they start knocing down parts of London and Bristol and Glasgow and Liverpool. Then what? Move on to every village and town in areas far from London has been examined and assessed for any minor dignatory or beneficiary that might hark back to those times and have a link with the Americas or cotton or tobacco?

Maybe people should stop and ask why now? Where is this coming from? And they should also ask - where is this going?

What @Dryce said and look at what Africans are still doing to Africans. In Africa the poor get poorer and the rich (blacks) get richer. Everyone is talking about whites being racist. Look at the picture, that skinny kid's hair is red due to malnutrition. There are over 80 white squatter camps in South Africa and the government refuses to help them and will not allow others to help. I'm sick of black people trying to say that whites are all racist and that blacks are not. I'll never forget a trip on a tram in Croydon where one black woman (West Indies ??) called another (African) a "bloody baboon" and to go back to Africa.
99122063_10220719879679251_2628529245101490176_n.jpg

It is all a tactic to divert the publics attention way from what is really happening right now.

Slavery will soon be in the form of a mobile phone with a tracking app and a mandatory health passport to enable you to enter shops, workplaces & travel.

Last edited:
I‘ve changed my mind.

They’ve both just finished a furious Cossack dance around the table. This would explain her boots and the look of grim ecstasy on each of their faces.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom