George Fraser Garage

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chris10

Car
CLC Kompressor
Been out of the UK for nearly 9 years and have just returned. I remember around the time I emigrated, George was the main man in London and the surrounding area if you had an issue with your Merc. I recall reading countless posts on forums and when members had an issue the solution was "give George a ring". I used to have my C Class serviced at his garage in Alperton and I remember traffic jams consisting just of Mercedes's trying to get into the service road.

Is he still around? What happened? There seems to be a very very small amount of mentions on him in recent years and it seems odd considering the amount of times he was mentioned ten years ago. Has he moved to a different part of the country or anything:confused:

My CLC is due a service but his old website http://www.georgefrasergarage.co.uk/ has been closed!

Anybody else got any good (and good value) recommendations in the North London, Middlesex, Hertfordshire, Essex areas? Want someone I can trust who will look after the car and try to keep the costs down i.e not running up the bill on things that don't need to be done.

I'm intrigued and hope you get more info on George and tell us all how it ends.

Welcome aboard - or is it welcome back?

I've found a George Fraser in Wembley doing Mercedes - MB Motors (GB) Ltd - is that geographically close enough to be him?

mbmotorsgb.com

Last edited:
Same address, so has to be the same place - maybe same owners or maybe different?

Either way, there's loads of good MB indis around London and the SE. George was well regarded by some in the old days, few years back there were a few negative reports too (have a search on the forum). I'm sure you'll have no toruble locating someone competent and fairly priced to look after your CLC, even if it's not the same place as before :)

Welcome back btw :cool: What was your old username?

I have no knowledge of the garage , but wasn't there a George Fraser who was a writer in Car magazine , alongside Setright et al back in those halcyon days ?

I remember George Bishop, Derek (he had a photo of an Allard in one of his books I never forgot), but not a George Fraser.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom