German Auto Industry Facing the Abyss

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

st13phil

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
His - Denim Blue A220 AMG Line Premium / Hers - Obsidian Black R172 SLK55
A sobering article on Spiegel Online in which Dieter Zetsche, the CEO of Daimler, notes that:
...there are those in the industry who believe that up to 100,000 jobs will be lost in the German auto industry in the next 10 years. Some are even suggesting that this is the worst crisis since World War II.
The second page contains some interesting analysis of how the short-termism of the financial markets leave Daimler very vulnerable.

Don't mention the war.....

A sobering article on Spiegel Online in which Dieter Zetsche, the CEO of Daimler, notes that:The second page contains some interesting analysis of how the short-termism of the financial markets leave Daimler very vulnerable.

I also read it as the short termism of continued growth through the creation of new model/markets.. Is there any sector which has not made its own bubble and then suffered a messy pop?

Interesting to see how they struggle to compete with VAG - maybe this will see a return to more traditional brand values.

Ade

I was surprised to read the other day that Germany is the worlds biggest exporter.

I was surprised to read the other day that Germany is the worlds biggest exporter.

Europes biggest, isn't it.?

Lets face it most of us own mercedes here but now MB BMW & Audi are not good value now

World's largest exporter of merchandise.

If you take services into account, the US is first, then Germany.

And this is based on value - other countries may produce more in terms of units or items, but they do tend to be at the cheaper end of the spectrum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom