German Emission Stickers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

clk320x

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Tesla Model S, Model 3 LR, Model X /// Previous: Jaguar XFR, Mercedes E320 CDI, C32 AMG, CLK 320
Where do you guys get the german emission sticker from? There doesn't seem to be a straight forward government owned website like the french one. Only privately owned websites.

Thanks very much

I spent a morning wandering round Munich looking for one without success. Still waiting for the bill.

I have absolutely no idea what the OP is on about (and baffled by the replies) but on my machine I have Google, and if I put in "german emission sticker" it came up with this: Emissions Sticker
;)

Most (all?) car main dealers in Germany can issue them. You just pitch up with your V5C (actually, it's easiest if you take a photocopy for them) and they will issue one on the spot. This is the cheapest way to buy one and a method I've used twice.

Or, use the Tolltickets website which, incidentally, is cheaper than buying through the TUV sites.

Most (all?) car main dealers in Germany can issue them. You just pitch up with your V5C (actually, it's easiest if you take a photocopy for them) and they will issue one on the spot. This is the cheapest way to buy one and a method I've used twice.

Or, use the Tolltickets website which, incidentally, is cheaper than buying through the TUV sites.

Emission stickers are ONLY available from the Strassenvekhersamt (vehicle Reg office) for each registration area and prices vary, mine was €5. Dealers get them from SVamt and only once the officials there see a copy of the Reg document. For non German cars it can be a traumatic process to get one (like the 100pkh sticker for your caravan). The tolltickets website recommendation is the best and cheapest I have seen. That said you don't need them for that many cities/areas and the system is not necessarily as widely enforced as say the Brussels or French schemes - less a couple of high publicity areas such as Hamburg as much of the German fleet is really new as thanks to massive scrappage schemes in the late 00's nearly everything is Euro 5 or better and the highest sticker (currently) available is a Green 4 which signifies Euro 4 or better. 5 and 6 stickers are currently subject to debate with two shades of 6 to represent Euro 6b or the newer Euro 6d (from Sep 18 onwards).

@BfgSLKMan - Thanks for the info.
Emission stickers are ONLY available from the Strassenvekhersamt (vehicle Reg office) for each registration area and prices vary, mine was €5. Dealers get them from SVamt and only once the officials there see a copy of the Reg document.
Have things changed since 2014? Back then I simply walked into a MB Dealership in Düren with a copy of my V5C and they issued me with a green sticker on the spot. Took all of 5 minutes and cost €4.90.

I got mine online from Berlin (all in English) for a visit to Stuttgart.

Sent a pdf copy of V5, paid 6 euros and received in the post in approx. 10days

No problems

Online-application environmental zone sticker - Berlin.de

This was my solution ^^

I was unable to provide the manufacturer's emission figures for my 94 E320 cabrio, nor could MB or VOSA help, but I attached a copy of the mot and emissions reading at the time, which sufficed.

If you can't get one Abs, make do with mine..

410ff67994a78102298a08b73df2ab3b.jpg

Where do you guys get the german emission sticker from? There doesn't seem to be a straight forward government owned website like the french one. Only privately owned websites.

Thanks very much

Got min online from the UK. Very simple process.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom