German GTG reminders

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Koolvin

Administrator
Staff member
Car
W168, W169 & S202
Please bring with you the following...

• Passport

Car Insurance papers (you may need to ring your Insurance to let them know you are going for a weekend)

Driving License (for I.D)

Funky Money AKA (Euro's)

Credit Card

Walkie Talkies if you have them?

Snacks, Drinks

Contact Lens Solutions/Cases

Chargers for Phone/Camera

I am pretty sure that you will also need to take your V5 (log book) as well to prove ownership. I have to with the lorry and I know you have to have it in spain,not sure about Germany.:confused:

Reminders to Bring Home

Don't forget your mates when you are out there lads, bring us back some photos, videos and "Goodies" Pleeeeeeeeeeeease.

ENJOY and don't get done by the foreign fuzz, like I did in Belgium a few years ago, it seriously hurts your wallet.:devil:

Anyone know how what the wrap is for speeding in Holland/Germany (yes I know some of it will be Autobahn)?

I thought we might be able to budget for a few tickets!

Originally posted by GrahamC230K

More tickets = less goodies !!!!!!:crazy:

Originally posted by GrahamC230K
Anyone know how what the wrap is for speeding in Holland/Germany (yes I know some of it will be Autobahn)?

Try these sites for info:

Holland Road Signs

German Road Signs

The one to look out for is this:
zeichen278.jpg

:bannana: :bannana:

Have fun guys!!!!

Mate
Used to go out with a dutch girl and they are instant tickets in Holland. You used to see them often with a car parked in the centre res gaps with a Gatso effort camera flashing away actually on the cop cars.

Cheers
Ian

Hmm , thats a thing . If you get caught on a camera abroad , are they really going to chase you back here to get it paid?

Originally posted by fuzzer
Hmm , thats a thing . If you get caught on a camera abroad , are they really going to chase you back here to get it paid?

Yeah, that's the first thing I thought of when I saw Grav888's Belgian number plates at the GTG. A quick look and plod would think "oh it's a foreign car, not worth the hassle" - brilliant idea.:bannana:

If they're anything like some British forces, they'll chase you to the end of the earth.

One of my collegues lent his car to his father-in-law when he was over from S Africa recently and got flashed by a camera. When the NIP came through the guy put his father-in-law's name who has told the police he was driving. They are still chasing the money! (It's probably cost more than £60 in man-hours chasing this).

Another guy that works for us was over from India. Again triggered a camera. The police traced the hire car to us, got the name of the guy, then got in touch with the police in India to track him down.

I went through a gatso in Holland years ago in a car I rented in Holland so they had my UK address but I never heard a thing.

When I got "Done" in Belgium, I knew nothing about it, until two months later when the letter arrived at home. I checked the date and place-Belgium Motorway - and it was right. I had to have it translated first.

6300 francs = £110 plus, cost of eurocheque, for 142 Km/hr in a 120 Km/hr zone. This was in 1997.:devil: :devil:

How did they get your address? Did they go through the DVLA?

Wonder what would have happened if you didn't pay it. Could have claimed you couldn't read it as it wasn't in english.

I used to work for a Car Rental company in the UK. We had to supply the details of who rented the car or the company would be fined £5000. Of course you have to show your D/licence to hire a car and thats normally got your current address on it.
Gone are the days are getting off.

Cheers
Ian

What would you do if the person had a foreign address Ian? just supply it anyway and let the police worry about it?

Richard
Most of the renters were foreign we would still have to send the police their details though. We would get a print out of the rental contract and send that in. Of course this had when they picked up and dropped off the car and any additional drivers too.

Cheers
Ian

Originally posted by RichardM
How did they get your address? Did they go through the DVLA?

Wonder what would have happened if you didn't pay it. Could have claimed you couldn't read it as it wasn't in english.

Think they must have used DVLA.

The reason I paid it is because I go on Holiday abroad most years, and didn't want to risk having an outstanding fine mate.:crazy: :crazy:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom