German road signage!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

John Jones Jr

MB Enthusiast
Car
Mazda MX5 10AE, W201 2.5-16, W202 230K Sport man, Honda Accord & Suzuki 'Ricer'.
:d

Attachments

• Autobahn signs.jpg
    Autobahn signs.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 149
Another.......sound advice?

IMG_1238.jpg

Mic

Mrs BTB is over there at the moment but she just confessed to some rather enthusiastic driving on unrestricted stretches of autobahn that resulted in an unscheduled fuel stop :D

I was sitting in the front seat of an S-Class, beside a chauffuer who was doing warp speed with no fuss and in complete safety. His observation was terrific and it was clear that traffic in the distance was behaving well with good lane discipline.

I was trying to play with my lapsed, second rate German and we were having a fractured conversation about different types of snow when he looked in the mirror, dropped in by one lane and eased to about 200kph. A brand new Porsche came flashing past doing somewhere closer to 260kph, maybe more.

About a quarter of a mile ahead we both saw a scabby old Passat pull out to overtake a truck and our view was instantly obscured by a cloud of tyre smoke as the Porsche approached the Passat sideways, snaking all over the place. He missed him by about half a yard and was gathering his thoughts in the inside lane when we went past him.

"Er liebt gefahrlicht" (He lives dangerously) I said.
"Nicht immer!" (Not for long). came the reply.

Well, there's always a risk someone will decide to pull out. That's why I like to have "guide dog" in front of me, like this Porsche. Problem is, not a lot of them at higher speeds.

I'd love to see German lane discipline in UK.

Well, there's always a risk someone will decide to pull out. That's why I like to have "guide dog" in front of me, like this Porsche. Problem is, not a lot of them at higher speeds.

I'd love to see German lane discipline in UK.

I call them 'sweepers'.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom