German sat nav disc update??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

zakbelle

Car
none
I know this may be a stupid question buy I've seen 2 used satnav update discs for my car (the latest versions) on ebay Germany. Will it matter if the code is the same as the UK version? Are they country dependent for language or is that just in the options of my comand once I upgrade?

TIA

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I know this may be a stupid question buy I've seen 2 used satnav update discs for my car (the latest versions) on ebay Germany. Will it matter if the code is the same as the UK version? Are they country dependent for language or is that just in the options of my comand once I upgrade?

TIA

As long as tbe SatNav maps discs are 'Europe' it does not matter which county you purchase from.

'Europe' cover also the UK.

Thanks markjay just needed someone to reassure me lol

Unless you're really sure about what you're doing/buying, be wary. We don't know what car/satnav system you have, and there are wrinkles! If you want chapter and verse, contact comand.co.uk with your VIN, they'll look up exactly what's fitted to your car and advise what's required to update the nav.

Thanks chrishazle. I know elegant system I have and looked up on the mercedes website so the codes match and they are the correct discs for my car it was just the language issue I wasn't 100% sure about. Yes mb newcastle are £50 cheaper for my disc than comand online! That's one thing I'm amazed at

Also, what version of COMAND do you have? Keeping in mind that later versions require both Maps discs and PIN which is purchased separately.

It's the comand ntg4 -212, the later version with fixed screen and PCMIA slot

I have NTG4 in my S204 and the DVD's are re-useable, whereeas the NTG4.5 DVD's for the facelift 204 you need a PIN. Also early 204 NTG4 Comand has a small nav partition on the HDD that allows 2014-15 to be installed but is too small for 2015-16! Don't know if the same applies to NTG4 212, hence my warning to beware!

Yes thanks Chris, it's strange how MB have allocated satnav systems across the range but must be some method there. I Def don't have 4.5. Do you have fixed screen or rotating? Mb say that fixed screen is ntg4 204 but I'm notv100% convinced. I think chassis number is the only way to go. Although mb also stated from my chassis number that I did not have the ability to use BT audio from my phone and yet I do?

Zak, I have NTG4, the rotating screen, 5 digit post code entry and the small nav partition on ths HDD. Upgrading to 7 digit postcode involves a new dashboard etc and a healthy 4 figure cost, so if NTG4 gets awkward I'll just use the Tom Tom Go 6000 I have for my 968 cab! Lifetime Europe map updates for free!! Comand.co.uk have a fix for the HDD nav partition, but it's also got a price I'm not ready to pay.

Yeah the ntg your or my version aren't great but I guess it's old technology, and yeah you can but a gaming or Tom Tom for less than the cost of an update that Bluetooth connects to your phone etc. I think I only use satnav maybe 2 times a year but it bugs me that it's not updated since 2009. Love the rest of the car just wish I have the newer dash, maybe my next car will be a 201 e class coupe or convertible they look pretty good

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom