Germany Visit, November 2005

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Maff

MB Enthusiast
Have been thinking of doing a little jaunt to Germany either the first or second week of November, along the lines of our trip in 2003.

A few people mentioned they might be interested, so thought i'd start with thread.

Format would be something like:

Saturday, Leave UK via Eurotunnel and drive to Nurburgring
Sunday, watch and/or drive round the ring (ill be watching!!)
Monday, possible trip to Brabus Factory or Stuttgart if prefered
Tuesday, Drive home, arrive back to UK in afternoon.

So, anyone have any thoughts on this or fancy coming.

From past experiance including hotels, food, petrol and eurotunnel the cost was ~ £500 per car, which is you take 2 people can be spilit.

I am very short on holiday and would prefer to only take 1 day off ...

Is it possible to say leave Thursday night (should make Eurotunnel less expensive too), then stay somewhere so that we can get to Brabus or AMG by lunchtime ..

Then to Nurburgring for Friday night, so we have whole of Sat to drive/watch/etc.

Then head home Sun

Would be interested will have to asses the finances though.

Just depends if the other half is home or not as it falls just before she goes to Iraq. Dont fancy making it the last week in November?

C240Sport97 said:
I am very short on holiday and would prefer to only take 1 day off ...

Is it possible to say leave Thursday night (should make Eurotunnel less expensive too), then stay somewhere so that we can get to Brabus or AMG by lunchtime ..

Then to Nurburgring for Friday night, so we have whole of Sat to drive/watch/etc.

Then head home Sun

Yep, this is possible, dont see why not.

Thmsshaun said:
Would be interested will have to asses the finances though.

Just depends if the other half is home or not as it falls just before she goes to Iraq. Dont fancy making it the last week in November?

Only trouble with moving it back to the end of November is weather and the shortage of 'ring opening times as winter draws in.

Maff said:
Only trouble with moving it back to the end of November is weather and the shortage of 'ring opening times as winter draws in.

Ok will just have to look when you confirm a date & see if I can make it. Fingers crossed :)
As if its her last week and I go think I will be looking for a new g/f. Infact she could come. Then again no too much grief lol :rolleyes:

I'd be very interested, although being a diesel I'd have to hope I can keep up with you lot in AMG's on the basis that I'll be making no fuel stops (500 mile range easy) when you lot will be stopping every 200 miles !!! In other words, whilst you pit - I keep on trucking......

D'Oh!!
34.gif
Looks like I won't be able to make this one. :( Last week of Oct already booked due to family GTG's so I wouldn't be able to get more time off for Nov :( Shame as I would love to test me TTG 700 across Europe, I'll have to wait for the next one.

Good luck Matt and everyone who makes the journey!! :D I was on the 2003 one and it was a blast!! :rock: :devil:

S.

P.S. Matt, will your dad be taking his Nissan again? :devil:

Would love to, however having now maxxed out my car on the Runway at Bruntingthorpe, I don't really need the autobahn to see what it's capable of :)

My holiday is all spoken for for the rest of the year as well :( :(

Enjoy it if you go !! (you will :D :D :devil: :devil: :D :D)

just been checking my dates ...

can only make the 2nd and last weekend of November

Last edited by a moderator:
Steve_Perry said:
D'Oh!!
34.gif
Looks like I won't be able to make this one. :( Last week of Oct already booked due to family GTG's so I wouldn't be able to get more time off for Nov :( Shame as I would love to test me TTG 700 across Europe, I'll have to wait for the next one.

Good luck Matt and everyone who makes the journey!! :D I was on the 2003 one and it was a blast!! :rock: :devil:

S.

P.S. Matt, will your dad be taking his Nissan again? :devil:

Not to worry guys.

Yep, dad's trying to get enough motivation to take the Nissan out of hibernation!

Maybe, as long as Ben and I can chortle along at 120mph in the minis!

Will check dates and see what's happening.

would love to MAFF, but will be in sunny barbados at the time ;) maybe next time

I will check my finances and see if i can get a passenger or two.
But sounds very very good to me.

Looks like I'll be on my way back to Belgium just as you're heading over. Due to be at the 'Ring for a private event on the 10th & 11th November. Ah well, maybe next time.

I'll be in germany on the way back from rome in a clapped out vauxhall carlton - its my b'day on the 3rd - and im being taken to Adolf Wagner's restaurant in Frankfurt... where the pigs trotters are a speciality. - odd place - but reccomended.

Sounds like this might not happen - anyone actually going to go ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom