Get rich quick

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Danny DeVito

Car
V220 CDI
Or at least make a healthy income.... does anybody have a few good ideas ?

Deal in expensive items or services not sure about getting rich quickly lol

If I had such an idea, I would be posting on the Rolls or Bentley forums………..my butler would be doing the typing, of course.:p

Send me £10 and I'll tell you how I just made a tenner

:D

I was just watching a show where construction equipment was being auctioned ..earth movers at three hundred thousand. Made me think about money

I know of a Nigerian fella. Ever so nice. I think he is a Prince in his own country. A financial whizz, apparently.

I'm not helping, am I?:D

"Buy cheap and flog dear" always sounded like solid advice...

I was just watching a show where construction equipment was being auctioned ..earth movers at three hundred thousand. Made me think about money

On a serious note.... I knew a bloke that bought ex-MOD and army surplus trucks in various places around the world and sold them to local mining companies in Africa.

These trucks came from warehouses where they were in storage and well maintained, they were old but generally unused. They were being refreshed every few decades and the older ones auctioned off for cheap.

Unrelated he also traded in second-hand Caterpillar parts.

But I guess you need to know your hardware and know your market.

Last edited:
Well what I know best is repairing things but as I can see mobile phone shops etc are plentiful and don't seem to be very generous. Car repairs are the same unless its special and the market here is very small. Computer repairs the same. Don't I sound negative ? I don't mind starting something small and building on it

The show I saw had guys that obviously knew what they were buying, at those prices. But they are not in a little small country doing driveways. Maybe I am thinking too small

Forget about the money, it's the sleepless nights you'd need to think about. ;)

Whatever route you choose, add an "s"! My brother in law became a successful gardener after he was made redundant, but won't employ people, so will always be dependent on his own labour. Calling himself Garden Angel, I've always tried to persuade him to add an "s"!

Whatever route you choose, add an "s"! My brother in law became a successful gardener after he was made redundant, but won't employ people, so will always be dependent on his own labour. Calling himself Garden Angel, I've always tried to persuade him to add an "s"!

You're definitely mostly right though I'm not sure it always follows Mike.

Your garden example reminds of my wife's uncle. He has a landscaping business and works mostly on his own, ropes in brother in law as demand dictates and availability permits. He used to have a larger concern employing 5 or so, but the overheads and headache involved mean't it didn't scale well. He found he personally ended up with the same money but with more at stake and more worry. I can't think of any recognised brands in this business so may not just be his experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom